Vice President - Credit Risk - Securities
New function within greenfield setting
Broad role within dynamic and international surrounding
About Our Client
One of the largest global financial group.
- Reviewing transaction material and front office analysis, challenging assumptions and conclusions if necessary. Oversee the annual review of existing limits and counterparties as a senior credit risk manager.
- Participating in transactions due diligence, client legal and other relevant meetings.
- Collaborating with Credit Risk Analytic Group to ensure credit risk can be modelled and measured correctly.
- Work together in determining transaction level internal ratings and recommending risk appetite.
- Presenting large transactions to the Managing Board for discussion and approval. Transactional and other trading documentation: Set credit risk related terms in trading documentation to mitigate credit risk and ensure transactions perform as expected.
- Provide input into the ICAAP Framework for the adequate measurement and appropriate capital framework for Credit Risk
The Successful Applicant
- The Vice President Credit Risk should have finalized and if not the case, should take in agreement with the Bank the necessary steps to continue his/her education in the fields of Operational, Market and Credit Risk.
- Knowledge of key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements, technical interpretation and the ability to provide advice thereon.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Bank's overall strategy and goals, risk profile, policies and culture together with a detailed knowledge of the policies, operations, systems and key strategies in own business unit.
- The ability to formulate plans and strategy taking into account the wider business unit strategies and requirements. Takes full account of all related risks and controls and their impact.
- An up-to-date understanding of the wider financial services industry, IT industry, regulatory changes and pertinent economic and political factors which may impact on the business and overall aims.
- A sound appreciation of the appropriate legal and technical procedural factors pertaining to banking/financial services and how these may impact on the business/customer relationships. Maintain close contact with external organisations/professionals for exchange of information, developments and the sharing of best practice.
- Can do, flexible attitude.
- Influencing skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English are essential.
- Strong business acumen, communication skills, networking and influencing skills.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Broad understanding and feel of the applicable regulatory requirements.
What's on Offer
- Competitive remuneration package