Technical Customer Service - Regional Metallurgist
Get the opportunity to travel
Be part of a big global industrial player
Over onze klant
Our client is a worldwide major producer and distributor active in the metallurgy industry. This firm's high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within multiple markets including aerospace, transportation, medical and energy. Today, in order to reinforce the technical expertise brought to key clients, our client is looking for a Technical Customer Service - Regional Metallurgist. You can work remotely from your location.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Provide technical support, product introductions and claim management to customers.
- Provide market intelligence to market groups and identify cross market adjacencies.
- Recognize and communicate potential new product development opportunities in the firm's key markets and contribute to understanding business case and technical requirements.
- Communicate and document customer needs and issues to technical and manufacturing personnel at mill location(s) involved. Act as technical interface with customer as issues are resolved.
- Support the commercial and sales team with internal training, specification review and qualifications.
- Align with the international teams on global accounts and actively contribute to group discussions and meetings.
- Attend and participate in relevant technical/industry society meetings.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Degree in Metallurgical/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years in a similar position (Metallurgy, Oil & Gas equipment, etc.)
- Knowledge of metallurgical principles, standards, methods and practices.
- Knowledge of metallurgical and production equipment.
- Experience monitoring and controlling costs for own work and projects.
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks depending on company's goals
- Strong reporting, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English (French or German are strong assets)
- As the Technical Customer Service - Regional Metallurgist you will receive an attractive salary depending on your expertise and experience
- A full package is offered with company car and other fringe benefits that will definitely make your life easier (Fuel card, group and hospitalization insurance,…)
- A bonus based on the company and individual performance
- Get the opportunity to work remotely from your location and to travel on a regular basis within your area