Sr. Risk Manager - Insurance
Further development and execution of the Risk Management function
Broad function within dynamic and international surrounding
About Our Client
An insurance company with global presence.
- Responsible for the Risk Management Framework and Risk Management System for the new Europe insurers in the Netherlands including;
- Facilitating the implementation of the Risk Management System appropriate to the insurers and aligned to the Global frameworks;
- Working with the Management and Supervisory Boards, to develop an appropriate Risk Strategy that is aligned with the Risk Appetite and business strategy and considers current and future business plans;
- Ensuring that Europe has an effective Risk Management System comprising the strategies, processes and reporting procedures necessary to identify, measure, monitor, manage and report on a continuous basis the risks, at an individual and an aggregated level, to which it is or could be exposed, and their interdependencies;
- Ensuring that the Risk Management System is effective and well integrated into the organizational structure and decision-making processes of Europe with proper consideration of the persons who have key functions;
- Establishing policies and procedures to ensure the business is managed in accordance with the risk strategy and framework;
- Continuously developing, enhancing and embedding the Risk Management Framework across Europe, ensuring that processes are fit for purpose;
- Embedding a positive culture of informed risk taking through training, communication and promotion of the Risk Management Framework;
- Responsibility to ensure the business meets European risk and compliance regulatory requirements;
- Implement and manage the firms' systematic integrity risk analysis (SIRA) framework. Work with cross-functional stakeholders to identify risks and develop and implement mitigation plans;
- Working closely with the Supervisory and Management Boards molding a high-achieving, well-controlled organisation which can achieve its strategic objectives;
- Assisting the Board with the setting of Europe's risk appetite defining the risks the business is willing and able to tolerate with quantitative and/or qualitative limits;
- Developing, managing and refining qualitative and quantitative risk reporting, including the Risk in all risk areas which meets the needs of the Supervisory and Management Boards in order to support effective decision making in line with Europe's Risk Appetite;
- Assisting to establish and maintain corporate governance systems and committee structures;
- Challenging the Management Board to ensure adherence to the Risk Appetite and Risk Management Framework;
- Key owner and sponsor of the Own Risk & Solvency Assessment for the Netherlands insurers, including stress and scenario testing, and within the group ORSA processes. Ensuring that ORSA processes are embedded and used appropriately throughout the year;
- Partnering effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others as appropriate;
- Providing essential input as a member of the senior management and credibly challenging the management of current issues.
The Successful Applicant
- An experienced multi-lingual professional with Risk Management experience and track record of delivering risk management and corporate governance systems and processes within a regulated insurance environment under Solvency II
- A comprehensive understanding of the ORSA process and expected outputs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulations pertaining to risk management
- Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders (internal and external)
- Proven ability of identifying, managing and reporting complex risk matters
- Confident presenter with strong communication skills
- An ability to influence and provide input to strategic imperatives
- Understanding and previous experience of communicating with national supervisors, preferably the De Nederlandsche Bank. Regulatory approval may be required to perform in role
- An absolute attention to detail and an organized and methodical approach to task management.
- The role will be based in the Amsterdam office but may require occasional travel to other EU countries, the UK and US.
What's on Offer
- A competitive remuneration package.