Sr Risk & Compliance officer hypotheken
Brede compliance rol waarbij hypothekenkennis vereist is
About Our Client
An international retail bank.
Identify legal and regulatory developments and inform internal stakeholders. Assess impact of and advice on the implementation of regulatory developments. Translate law and regulations into local processes and procedures.Implement the Group Compliance Policy and translate into local processes and procedures
Assess compliance against legal and regulatory obligations by mapping and testing the effectiveness of processes and controls against the obligations.Define proactively new controls and monitor existing controls to ensure the business remains within risk appetite. Review local processes and procedures to identify control deficiencies and potential risks. Maintain and execute the local Compliance Plan and monitoring plan and enhance the compliance process.
Proactively engage and maintain relationship with internal and external stakeholders.Function as a service desk for internal questions around subject matter and involved risks, answer quickly and provide clear responses and guidance. Raise internal awareness on regulatory risks and develop and provide relevant trainings. Collaborate with colleagues within the Dutch, German and UK offices and work closely together with counterparts in the German Compliance team
The Successful Applicant
A University Master¡¯s degree in law, economics or equivalent
* Risk Management or Certified Compliance Officer qualification or equivalent is preferred
* Background in banking and specifically in mortgages
* At least > 5 years relevant experience in a risk or compliance function
* Sound knowledge of Dutch financial services related law and regulations
* Sound knowledge of the Dutch mortgage market
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to translate theory into practice, develop operational policies and procedures and ensure that these are understood and implemented
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing (Dutch and English), and ability to demonstrate these skills effectively across all levels of the organisation
* Excellent networking and influencing skills
* Ability to get things done under pressure, hands-on mentality and pro-active
* Self-motivated, autonomous, and decisive
* Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisation skills
What's on Offer
A fulltime role (40 hour) with a salary in line with the market and excellent secondary employee benefits.