Senior Sira Consultant
International function within a complex Environment
Build up this new function in first line
About Our Client
The Global KYC Centre of Expertise is part of the Global KYC organisation within ING COO. It sets standards and provides content expertise on the implementation of various KYC-related laws & policies to the squads or circles, ensures the alignment with the other lines of defence and represents KYC and ING to internal & external parties (incl. regulators) and client events. The Global KYC Centre of Expertise, together with the local KYC experts, plays a vital role in ensuring effective and efficient compliance with the KYC-related regulations such as: Financial Economic Crime, Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, Common Reporting Standards, Environmental and Social Risk. The Global KYC Centre of Expertise supports the Delivery and Service organisations with in-depth KYC knowledge and expertise; it consists of 4 Expertise Teams formed around KYC-specific areas of expertise: Risk & Quality Control, KYC Due Diligence & IRP, Monitoring & Screening, KYC Academy.
As Senior SIRA coordinator you will be part of the Risk & Quality Control expertise team and you will be responsible for initiating and facilitating international KYC risk assessments, documenting and enhancing methodology and guidance in such a way that ING operates in accordance with internal and external laws and regulations, and for maintaining contacts within and outside ING with relevant stakeholders.
- You organise and facilitate international workshops with senior attendees first and second line of defence, to support ING branches in identifying KYC risks and assessing how these risks are mitigated
- You advise and challenge local senior stakeholders on how to address identified gaps in KYC risks mitigation and monitor the follow up is realised in time and good quality
- You share assessment outcomes results with global senior stakeholders, improving insight in KYC risks management in each branch and improving the KYC Quality Control Framework through e.g. the report outs of the SIRA workshops
- Through the SIRA workshops you contribute to an increase of risk awareness within the different ING branches
- You design and maintain the Global KYC Systematic Integrity Risk Assessment (SIRA) methodology, including
- SIRA global procedure (mandatory guidance)
- Investigation of internal and external publications to identify (new) KYC risks
- Global KYC Risk Appetite Statement
- You investigate internal and external publications to identify (new) KYC risks, which need to be included in the Global KYC Systematic Integrity Risk Assessment (SIRA) framework
- Next to your field of expertise you are eager to learn about new relevant topics to further enlarge your scope of knowledge and expertise within the team.
- You contribute to the ING One Agile Way of Working and safeguard the Orange Code
- You ensure compliance with ING's policies and standards.
- You stimulate cross-border interaction and alignment between people, expertise teams, squads, chapters, Front-Office organisations, and Service organisations both in central and local business lines.
- You give and ask for constructive feedback.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in the financial services industry, preferably with exposure to both Wholesale Banking and Retail Banking
- Relevant track record of senior positions in the area of KYC and thorough understanding of the current market and regulatory conditions and challenges that the financial industry faces.
- Hands on experience in managing risks associated with FEC, FATCA and CRS expertise areas.
- Proactive, Can-Do, No Surprises and Positive mind-set. Overall you have a healthy work ethic and a willingness to collaborate.
- Ability to facilitate decision-making to drive complex design issues to a conclusion.
- Strong organisational sensitivity; ability to understand and take into account the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of an international organisation with multiple functional lines and one hierarchical line and deal with multiple (sometimes conflicting) interests.
- Ability to work successfully in multiple countries and make sure these different cultures will work together as one team; taking into account different habits, beliefs, languages and time-zones, etc.
- Ability to display style flexibility to teams and adapt plan, approach and behaviour to the different needs, cultures and situations.
- Strong resilience; ability to navigate through ambiguity and simplify complexity without losing essence.
- Ability to 'get people on board' and ensure necessary buy-in from stakeholders.
- Willing to travel 8 weeks per year.
What's on Offer