Senior Portfolio Manager - Proprietary Trading
Proprietary Trading Desk - Global Commodities & Equities
Responsible for Investment Strategies, Financial Oversight and Trading Excellenc
Over onze klant
The organization has its background and is still part of a global international grain and oil seed merchant, and has diversified its activities as from 2000. Nowadays, the company has two main activities, Investment activity (PE, VC and Structure Finance) and Proprietary Trading, specialized in global commodities.
In terms of culture, this can be described as professional and dedicated. People know what is happening in their field, and share their thoughts on global developments on a daily (informal) basis. The company is small, and therefore people are agile, confident and have the ability to work in an open work space. The company rewards success, promotes new opportunities and encourages permanent education.
The proprietary trading desk is dedicated to global commodities and equities and focused on a top-down market approach in all major commodities, related equities, fixed income and FX, and adopts a long-term view on investment strategies. The company deploys disciplined rules-based trading and asset management, with clear investment rules, stringent risk management and with a clear performance target. The trading style is based on relative value and opportunistic long/short speculations (not high-frequency or even day-trading).
The Prop desk holds a small and dedicated team of 3-4 young professionals with an international focus.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
As Senior Investment Manager, you are responsible for the investment strategies, financial oversight and trading excellence of the desk. The role requires fundamental bottom-up analysis of financial markets, while focusing on downside protection, catalyst identification and developing of variant perception. You will take responsibility for idea generation, deep-dive business and sector research, macroeconomic analysis, robust portfolio construction, disciplined portfolio and risk management and will do an ongoing review of investments. You are the leader of the team, and are able to act as the ambassador for the organization.
- Masters or PhD educational background
- Strong quantitative modeling or quant developer skills across the major asset classes
- Ability to develop models and valuation approach across multiple asset classes
- Proven leadership skills
- Manage you own book
- Proven experience with building and/or validating models
- Ability to identify trading opportunities
- Ability to create clear and concise papers setting out modeling approaches applied
- Excellent motivator ad developing skills towards junior specialists
- Emotionally mature and professional
- Ability to act as an ambassador for the company
- Strong attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- Depending on proven track-record, between EUR 60.000 and EUR 90.000
- Compensation package to include long term incentives
- 20 holidays base with option to add on more by using bonus
- No pension scheme
- Small dedicated team of young professionals
- Further growth within organization after proven track record