Senior Legal Counsel
Challenging role in international environment
Over onze klant
Our client is a well known international bank
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Provide legal advice (i.e. reviewing, drafting, negotiating and advising) in relation to (structured) project- and corporate finance, (structured) trade and commodity finance, secondary market transactions and treasury transaction (e.g. derivatives, swaps, foreign exchange etc.);
- Advice on restructuring and recovery actions and assist the relevant departments;
- Review and advice on non-financial contracts of the Bank that needs to be reviewed;
- Delegate suitable tasks to junior members of the team, supervise that they perform their tasks properly (and provide assistance were needed;
- Safeguard that your output is of the highest standards and in accordance with the Bank's policies and applicable laws;
- Pro-actively monitor the legal developments, jurisprudence and/or new legislation/regulations, insofar as it concerns Dutch and/or EU law and inform the Head of Legal, the Bank's management, and relevant departments of these changes;
- Maintain and keep the know-how and templates of the Legal Department up-to-date;
- Interact with the Bank's subsidiaries and branch offices on any legal assistance where needed;
- Maintain a network of trusted external (legal) advisors in the jurisdiction in which the bank and its subsidiaries/branch offices are active and liaise with external (legal) advisors regarding the handling of outsourced legal work to ensure that all information is communicated properly and that sound and relevant legal advice is provided by the external (legal) advisors within a reasonable time frame against reasonable costs;
- When requested, handle and closely monitor the progress of pending litigation matters and liaise with and clearly instruct external legal advisors, to ensure that these cases are properly and expeditiously dealt with, and provide regular updates to the Head of Legal;
To be successful in this role, you have:
- A master's degree in Dutch law with a clear international focus, which amongst others entails a thorough knowledge of private international law;
- At least 6-9 years proven experience as private practice lawyer with a focus on banking & finance and/or as in-house lawyer in an international bank. The combination of the two is considered an advantage.
- Proven experience and sound knowledge of (structured) commodity and trade finance transaction, additional experience in the fields of (structured) project- and corporate finance, secondary market transactions and/or treasury transaction (e.g. derivatives, swaps, foreign exchange, ISDA etc.) is considered an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English and Dutch; and
- Experience in cross border transactions and dealing with multi-jurisdictional transactions.
We offer a good environment to work in and a competitive salary.