Senior Internal Auditor
Dynamic Internal Audit team with growth potential
Travel for work and perform audits abroad (approximately 25% travel)
About Our Client
Our client is Stryker
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We produce and offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
Stryker is a constantly growing Fortune 500 company and has been ranked again as being one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune (2018: #12).
Stryker's Internal Audit department is searching for a Senior Internal Auditor to compliment the European team located in the Netherlands (Amsterdam). The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for assisting the effective planning and execution of financial, operational & compliance audits and other special projects. In this capacity, the Senior Auditor will be expected to assess risks, develop and perform audit work programs, and conduct and document procedures in accordance with professional standards (US GAAP or similar Accounting Principles, SOX and IIA standards). The Senior Auditor will provide supervision and coaching to audit staff and/or external resources assigned to the engagement.
Internal Audit is looking for a senior auditor with a passion for auditing, working in teams and travelling. As the position will be in Amsterdam the team member will be required to travel for work and perform audits abroad (approximately 25% travel).
This position provides visibility to Stryker operations, regular interaction with personnel from various disciplines/functional areas, and exposure to division and corporate management.
About the Internal Audit department…
Stryker's Internal Audit department is a high performing internal audit function that collectively provides assurance services and guidance to Stryker's management to increase the likelihood that Stryker will accomplish its business objectives. The IA department is:
- A global, corporate department with 25+ auditors across the globe with experience in finance, accounting, audit and IT;
- Located in both the US, Europe and Asia and covers Stryker activities worldwide;
- Dedicated to developing talent and focused on the career developments of its team members.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in planning procedures, such as: determining audit scope, required resources, engagement budget and preparation of client document request list;
- Complete detailed work programs for assigned areas to ensure that audit objectives are accomplished;
- Plan, perform and document testing procedures in accordance with professional audit standards and Stryker IA policies;
- Conduct interviews with company personnel and document business processes, risk and controls within assigned areas;
- Keep project leads informed of the status of work and issues identified on a timely basis;
- Adhere to project deadlines as well as engagement budgets for time and cost;
- Assist with the tracking and monitoring of management's action plans and remediation;
- Demonstrate networking skills and the ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders within the company;
- Represent the department in a way that promotes a positive image of Internal Audit at Stryker;
- Contributes to IA's positive and engaging working environment;
- Perform and utilize data analytics tools and techniques.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor or Master degree in accounting or finance;
- CPA, ACCA, CIA or other equivalent certification preferred;
- 3 - 5 years auditing, accounting or other relevant industry experience;
- Public accounting/auditing experience (BIG-4) preferred;
- Strong verbal and written (English) communication skills, including active listening, presentation and report writing skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to quickly understand and assess business processes and identify accounting/compliance issues;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Strong project/time management skills;
- Demonstrates unquestionable integrity and professionalism;
- Highly motivated, self-starter that leads by example;
- Positive attitude, desire to learn, self-motivated and effective teamplayer;
- Enjoy travelling and perform work in multiple locations;
- Expresses a "can do" attitude and is comfortable driving process improvements and change;
- Highly proficient computer skills, including proficiency with Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
What's on Offer
An attractive and competitive remuneration package.