(Senior) Internal Auditor
Global market leader, Dutch environment
Part of the largest family business in The Netherlands
Over onze klant
About our client Mammoet
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures. We believe our business is about time: uptime, turnaround time and time to market. To our customers, time is the currency that matters most. That's why we strive to bring their deadlines forward. It's an integrated, daily effort shared by everyone at Mammoet, in every aspect of our services: creative engineering, careful planning and safe delivery. Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions. For over two hundred years, we've been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it's the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5.000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
About the region
This role is part of the Mammoet Holding, where you will be working with approximately 60 highly motivated professionals in supporting our Regions. Next to the regular staff functions like legal, finance etc. there are also other global functions located in the Holding Office. In the Holding you will be working side by side with the global teams like Innovation and Global Project Support. Our collective aim is to strenghten our position as market leader and to continue to grow our global impact.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
The Global Internal Audit function within Mammoet is primarily responsible for the monitoring of control measures throughout the company. Next to operational and financial audits and reviews in relation to the core business processes, the team performs project reviews and other engagements at the request of management or SHV, Mammoet's parent company.
The purpose of the team is to support the management of Mammoet towards continuous improvement as part of our strategy 'Reshape to Win'. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee (Mammoet CEO, Mammoet CFO and SHV Audit Executive). The Internal Audit team works closely together with the Internal Control team. The position is based at Mammoet's office in Utrecht, but you will be travelling internationally approximately 30% of your time.
Key Result Areas
- Plan, perform and report on audit engagements (regional business process reviews and specific project audits), management information systems and special risk & control engagements requested by the Executive Board of Management;
- Create added value to the business through innovative recommendations and participating in projects that are related to internal audit. This includes amongst others the use of data analytics;
- Perform reviews concerning the quality of self-assessments by the various regions with respect to the Mammoet Business Support Framework (BSF). Also advise on controls that could be eligible for inclusion in the BSF going forward;
- Align, connect with and support key stakeholders;
- Closely monitor follow up of important audit findings.
* Hands on approach; able to be effective in an international challenging environment
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Proactive and results-oriented
* Ability to lead teams and/or projects as needed
* Independent self-starter, who is also a strong team player
* Strong in managing relationships with auditees and key stakeholders
* Strong interest in/ affinity with risk management, design of business processes and internal controls
* Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written). Dutch language skills are preferred
Education & Experience
* Academic level preferably in Accounting or Economics, supplemented with a relevant audit qualification such as RA, CPA or CIA. In addition, RE, CISA or similar is strongly preferred
* Proven track record (> 7 years of experience) in leading and executing financial and/or internal audits
* Strong knowledge of IT systems and data analysis
* Relevant experience with international project business is highly preferred
* A good remuneration package (including performance-based bonus and a company lease car)
* (International) career and development opportunities within Mammoet and SHV
* Passionate, informal and dynamic working environment
* Opportunity to work for an ambitious and continuously moving international market leader
* Training and education programs as deemed relevant for further development