Senior first line Non financial Risk officer
Setup of a new Function in First line
International Complex Environment
Over onze klant
ING's Challenger & Growth (C&G) business line serves 25m customers in 10+ countries,
and comprises ca. half of ING's assets and profits.
Within the C&G head office, the COO/CTO team is responsible for the continuous
optimization across C&G of operational performance, whilst ensuring the business
effectively manages risks and meets regulatory obligations. Furthermore, the COO/CTO
coordinates the design and deployment of ING¡¯s global transformation across C&G
You will become part of the Control Office within the C&G COO/CTO department. We
are on a mission to achieve Control Excellence across our business line. We will ensure
that our business activities are in line with our integrity and compliance standards, and
that we minimize errors and balance costs by designing best-in-class control solutions
that wow our customers.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
As part of the COO Control Office you will be responsible for:
- Design effective and efficient control frameworks for product lines and business
processes, aligned with ING's standards and with a process based end-to-end risk
- Lead and monitor the implementation of regulatory programs and requirements
- Support business units with identifying risks within processes and implementing
control standards, including education and training to staff in C&G
- Increase the efficiency of controls by seeking ways to improve automation and
sourcing of control and testing activities.
- Advise on and monitor the implementation of controls, testing of key controls,
and the follow up of risk mitigating actions (issues) within the C&G division
- Provide and analyze comprehensive, integrated risk and control performance
measurement and reporting. Maintain input or data quality of risk management
- Create and deliver strategic presentations and reports/updates to senior
- Act as a champion for risk management and continuous improvement.
- You know how to achieve goals in a large complex organisation; you know how to build
and maintain relations with all your stakeholders; you think strategically and are capable
of translating from an abstract level to tangible execution.
- Proven experience with assessing risks, and designing and implementing control
in business processes
- Experience with KYC, GDPR, MiFID and other regulatory control frameworks, good
understanding of control standards related to Sourcing, IT, Fraud and operational
- A persistent, open and convincing communicator; able to communicate with all
levels in the organisation
- Proven ability to manage stakeholder relationships in complex, international
- Virtual team management experience
- Strong analytical skills and business sense (you are able to look beyond figures)
- Proven business management skills - consistent delivery of high-quality output
under strong time pressure
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to deal well with very high levels of ambiguity, both in terms of process
- Emotional resilience: adapts easily to new environments; remains calm, and
continues to perform under pressure; talks openly and honestly; gives and acts on
- Are willing to travel up to 10% of your time.