Senior Credit Risk Analyst - Retail Bank
About Our Client
An international retail bank.
The role supports strategic projects through detailed analysis and testing, working with other teams on initiatives that benefit the customer experience. All in close cooperation with colleagues in the team, as well as partnering with business functions, such as Finance and Operations. Business reporting and statistical analytical skills are required to comprehend the systems in SAS and SQL programming language.
* Generate key management information, interpret complex data using statistical techniques and provide insights to support business direction setting
* Translate insights into actionable recommendations for senior management and stakeholders,
communicate and drive through their delivery
* Build and manage effective relationships with colleagues in the wider Risk team and across partnering business functions (such as Operations, Finance, Customer Analytics and Risk Infrastructure).
* Contribute to impairment, capital, ICAAP and ILAAP recalibration/management judgement processes
* Performs and reports on different stress test exercises (Bafin, EBA, ECB, etc.)
* Draft timely, accurate and insightful management reporting, including FinRep and CoRep.
* Ensures a strong risk measurement infrastructure, including models, data, control environment and
compliance with internal policies and external regulatory requirements.
* Act as backup of the Head of Risk Management for Credit Risk. Coach the Credit Risk Analysts in their work. Assist the Head of Risk Management in monitoring team activities in line with priorities based on Group Policy and local risk materiality.
* Build strong relationships with stakeholders and demonstrate an understanding of- and support to their business area. Manage communication with both internal and external stakeholders effectively.
The Successful Applicant
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a highly analytical and numerate discipline, such as
mathematics, physics, econometrics or similar
* Good understanding of more sophisticated credit risk techniques and able to apply these
* Advanced analytical/problem-solving skills
* Broad knowledge of credit risk lifecycle, decision systems and financials
* Good understanding of Basel III regulatory framework
* At least 5 years of experience as a (junior) credit risk analyst
* Excellent verbal & written communication both in English and Dutch
* Excellent Planning & Organizational skills
* SAS/SQL (Advanced) skills
* MS Office Advanced skills (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
* Working knowledge of VBA is a plus
* Capable of prioritizing and coordinating department activities
* Ability to get things done under pressure, hands-on mentality and pro-active
* Self-motivated and well organized
What's on Offer
- A competitive remuneration package.