- Great opportunity to join an international operating bank
- Broad (regulatory) Compliance function
About Our Client
NBE is a fully owned banking subsidiary of The Norinchukin Bank ("Norinchukin") which is the national-level financial institution for agricultural, fishery and forestry cooperatives in Japan.
As a part of the Norinchukin group, NBE plays a vital role to further develop and maintain strong representation in Europe and ensure long term access to European markets. NBE strives to make a meaningful contribution to growth and diversity of European markets through the development of its business.
- Provide advice to the Managing Board and the Audit and Risk Committee on Dutch laws / governance / rules / regulations to keep the subsidiary in The Netherlands in good legal standing;
- Draft any policies and/or procedures that the Bank needs to have in order to evidence that it meets its legal and regulatory obligations to the standards expected by regulators
- Review each time there is a relevant legal or regulatory change, and in any event review at least annually, all policies and/or procedures that the Bank needs to have in order to evidence that it meets its legal and regulatory obligations to the standards expected by regulators
- Eexecute the Compliance Plan of the Bank and monitor its progress - perform Annual Compliance Risk Assessments.
- Provide legal advice (Dutch law and EU regulations) - Key areas on which advice will be required:
Data Protection, Anti-Money Laundering, Outsourcing, securities law (local and EU), banking law, governance, regulation e.g. relevant to money market transactions, AIFMD, MIFID II, EMIR, as well as service contracts;
- Maintain relationships with local law firms;
- Such other duties that the management may from time to time reasonably require.
The Successful Applicant
- Legal skills (i.e. Master Dutch Law (LLM))
- Compliance background (i.e. Certified Compliance Officer)
- Good understanding of financial services and their (capital markets) products
- Have 5 - 7 years' experience in compliance and legal area within financial sector;
- Have spent the majority of his/her career in financial services or a law firm.
What's on Offer
Market conform salary