Senior Compliance Officer & Board Secretary
Shape your function
About Our Client
Our client is an international operating insurance company.
To advise on compliance and coordinate and monitor its implementation across the business, providing a second line of defence and constructive challenge. Moreover, the Compliance Officer is a Solvency II key function holder, and hence regulated by DNB.
Board secretary (40%)
To coordinate and organise all formal meetings in such a way that they comply to all relevant policies, rules and regulations.
* Supports decisions to manage compliance risks and thereby help deliver the Business Plan objectives without breaching regulations.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, contracts and other arrangements.
* Monitor trends and pending changes in the legal/regulatory environment and manage the impact they may have.
* Keep up to date with changes to regulations and be aware of the threats, opportunities and trends that may affect the business, encouraging everyone to be lateral in their thinking in addressing the impact.
* Deliver reports to Board Members to enable them to assess the effectiveness of the regulatory compliance framework.
* Challenge existing processes to reduce the potential for errors, breaches and complaints.
* Monitor the implementation of new systems to ensure that the benefits realised are in line with regulatory requirements.
* Escalation directly to the Supervisory Board if necessary.
Board secretary (40%)
* Key contact for the relevant regulators (DNB, AFM and tax authorities)
* Maintaining relationships with supervisory bodies
* Planning and organising Management Board and Supervisory Board meetings, including preparing the agenda, drafting the minutes of the meetings and managing action lists
- Manage the office manager
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree or higher
- A relevant legal qualification is preferred
- Experience of working in insurance sector in a compliance role
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; with an ability to communicate and influence constructively across all levels of the business
- Insurance knowledge, a detailed understanding of the insurance regulatory environment in the Netherlands and experience of responding to enquiries from the prudential and conduct regulators
- Proficient in English essential
- Willing to spend a period at our client offices in London for an introduction to the organisation
- Willingness to travel as and when required
What's on Offer
Market conform salary