Senior Audit Manager - Financial Crimes Audit
Help to build out the Financial Crimes specialist team
Work closely with colleagues in London & New York
Over onze klant
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with 1,100 offices in over 40 countries. The group has over 150,000 employees and offers services including corporate and commercial banking, trust banking, trade finance, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management and leasing. With total assets on the group's balance sheet of USD 2.8 trillion, MUFG is the fifth' largest bank in the world.
The MUFG Bank (Europe) (MBE) subsidiary is a growing network of continental European branches, managed from Amsterdam. MBE currently has presence in eight European countries, with total assets on the consolidated balance sheet of over EUR 24 billion. MBE operates in close collaboration with the MUFG EMEA headquarters based in London and the MUFG global head office in Tokyo.
Internal Audit operates as the bank's third line of defence, and in accordance with the global institute of internal auditors international standards (IIA standards), provides independent assurance to the board and executive management on the quality and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key risks to achieving the bank's objectives.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
MUFG is embarking on a multi-year transformation to globalize the Internal Audit function. Financial Crimes Audit is one of the first areas globalized under this transformation. An exciting new opportunity has therefore emerged for a Senior Audit Manager (SAM) to join MUFG and Internal Audit in Amsterdam, as we build towards a best in class, global Internal Audit function and the Financial Crimes Audit Team. Reporting into the regional Financial Crimes Audit team in London, the SAM will be responsible for the MBE Financial Crime Audit portfolio, including supporting the risk assessment, annual planning and audit execution processes, in close collaboration with the London Based Financial Crime Audit team as well as the MBE Internal Audit team in Amsterdam and other colleagues across the globe. The Amsterdam based Financial Crime audit team will operate as a 'satellite' office, reporting into the Regional Head of Financial Crimes Audit, based in London.
- Informing the audit universe and the related risk assessment for MBE branches, assisting the Regional Head of Audit to produce an appropriate Financial Crimes audit plan and maintain relevant documentary evidence that the plan is risk based and provides the entity coverage stipulated within methodology. Ensure that risk assessments are up to date and accurate.
- Utilise subject matter expertise, knowledge of the business and wider industry knowledge to influence the audit plan and the risk assessments applied to the Financial Crimes audit universe. This includes anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption.
- Form part of the regional financial crime leadership team, responsible for the execution of high quality audits and opinions in line with Methodology / IIA/ QA requirements.
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery and execution of audit assignments within agreed timelines / milestones.
- Support effective scheduling of resources to complete team deliverables, which accurately reflects availability and assignment requirements.
- Ensure audit reporting and Management Information (MI) is accurate and complete (e.g. Monthly Audit Reports, Audit Committee reporting etc.)
- Deliver continuous monitoring assignments for a set portfolio across all MBE branches and supervise the delivery by Audit Managers where applicable (who may not always be located in the same country). Ensure effectiveness of continuous monitoring which underpins audit activity and areas of focus.
- Maintain constructive relationships with senior stakeholders so that audit planning and delivery are achieved smoothly and professionally.
- Deliver audit reports which are insightful, factually based, impactful and robust, and require minimal rewrite by the Head of Audit. May be required to support multiple engagements concurrently. In addition to this you may also work on a wide range of change management audits, linked to your portfolio.
- During the life-cycle of an engagement you will manage the performance of the auditors on that engagement. This will include coaching and developing team members.
- Champion the implementation of methodology best practice throughout the team, leading by example.
- Display very strong appreciation of risk and control in banking.
- Responsible for agreeing draft Management Action Plan for reports and checking for robustness of actions and proposed timelines, prior to approval by relevant Head of Audit. Ownership of follow-up and validation of audit issues raised.
- Assist the Heads of Audit in preparing third party submissions for the Chief Auditor.
- Work collaboratively with all Internal Audit colleagues regionally and globally to ensure that the quality of work produced globally continues to advance. On occasions, you may be required to act as lead on Global Thematic Audits.
- Attend Bank forums as a financial crimes subject matter expert when requested.
- From time to time, may also be required to take a lead role in non-'BAU' initiatives e.g. a working group.
- Audits will predominantly be executed in the Amsterdam office and the other MBE branches (Spain, Austria, Poland, Belgium and Germany), however regular travel to London and occasional travel to New York may be required.
- Extensive experience of working in an audit function within the wholesale / investment banking sector, or similar 'Big-4' experience with relevant industry exposure.
- A strong understanding of IIA standards, practices, issue and report writing.
- A strong understanding of compliance and audit within the banking sector.
- Strong subject matter expertise within risk (including IT), financial crimes, business operations, processes, products and controls is required. The candidate should understand regulatory requirements and minimum standards as they apply to the banking sector.
- Proven experience with European banking and financial crime regulations for the region, preferably including direct interactions with DNB or direct exposure to their supervision. Solid understanding of risk management frameworks, expected processes, key risks and associated controls.
- Strong understanding of projects and change in banking.
- Financial Crime relevant qualification or working towards completion (e.g. CAMS, CFCS, ICA certifications).
- Business fluency in English and experience in an international work environment. An understanding of the Dutch language as well as other languages within the region (e.g. German, Polish, Spanish) and culture is helpful. Experience with Japan or the Japanese corporate culture is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills. As this role is based in the 'satellite' Amsterdam Financial Crime Audit team, strong communication and interpersonal skills are required, as well as an ability to drive engagement between the Amsterdam and London based team.
- Ability and desire to work in a global team structure, with communication channels often performed remotely (video conference, conference calls, emails etc).
- Resilient and receptive to change.
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability.
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly.
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement.
- A structured and logical approach to work.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- A creative and innovative approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Interesting remuneration package and an international and professional team, located on the Zuidas in Amsterdam.