Senior Advisor Regulations & Policies - Credit Risk
Key role in coordinating regulatory requirements and policies with stakeholders
Use your expertise to give guidance to and communicate with business lines
About Our Client
One of the largest banks in the Netherlands.
Within Central Risk Management (CRM) the Regulations & Policies domain is the centre of expertise with regard to identifying, interpreting and assessing the impact off prudential regulations and translating this into effective internal risk policies and governance. We aim to support the continued successful running and active steering of the Bank within the evolving regulatory environment and ensure our licence to operate by identifying, limiting and/or mitigating potential prudential regulatory risks.
Regulations & Policies is part of the larger Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Network of Central Risk Management and shares capacity and knowledge within that network. The team consists of approximately 12 professionals, which are divided in 2 domains coached by two Domain Experts. One domain is specialised on Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, Capital Management risk policies and Enterprise Risk policies, while the other domain is focussed on the Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Business Risk policies. The teams work in an integrated way with the colleagues of Basel Centre, as well as in multi-disciplinary teams with colleagues of the ERM Network and other departments within the bank. Together with these colleagues you balance the day-to-day activities and processes for ensuring that ABN AMRO's Risk Policy Framework is regulatory compliant and the ad hoc requests for advice from different areas and seniority levels in the organisation are addressed.
Although your role will be with R&P you will be part of the larger ERM Network. The way of working of the ERM Network offers the opportunity to share your knowledge with and contribute to the deliverables of CRM in a broader context. At the same time it offers you great opportunities to learn more about the wider set-up of risk management
- Ensure timely identification of new regulation, interpretation thereof and implementation in the bank's risk policies, as well as ensuring the continuing compliance of the policies with existing regulation. As a senior you are also partly responsible for the overview of the overall completeness, consistency and coherence of the Risk Policy Framework.
- Use your expertise to pro-actively give guidance to and communicate with the business lines, Risk Type Owners, grids, senior management and other stakeholders, to ensure that new (policy) requirements are known and the regulatory change adopted correctly and on time.
- Operate in a multi-disciplinary (project-)setting to support larger regulatory change processes and related activities. You participate in projects and contribute your knowledge. You make an inventory of the consequences of internal and external developments, make agreements with project leaders about cooperation and expectations and coordinate the progress of the work with the project leader.
- Support the organisation with on-site inspections by and information requests from the regulators (ECB/DNB) regarding the bank's risk policies and regulatory interpretation and implementation choices
The Successful Applicant
- You have a very good understanding of the Basel/CRD framework, with specific experience in the area of credit risk and preferably another risk type, i.e. operational risk, model risk, etc.;
- You understand the impact regulatory change may have on our (commercial) organisation and are able to maintain oversight;
- You are analytical and able to quickly understand complex matters and interdependencies;
- You can combine strategic analysis with a pragmatic view and are able to develop a long term view and strategy, while also maintaining an eye for detail;
- You have a proactive, flexible and result-driven personality, while maintaining high quality standards;
- You have good communications skills, both verbally as well as written, and can adapt these to various audiences and different seniority levels. Fluency in English is required, Dutch is helpful but not an necessity;
- You have an academic educational background;
- You are organisational sensitive and a strong, enthusiastic team player.
What's on Offer
- A competitve remuneration package