Implementing new technologies
Reshaping processes and going fully Agile
About Our Client
A global insurance company
Leadership or team member role covering following activities:
- Actuarial calculations and reporting (incl. meaningful analysis) in Solvency 2 or IFRS17.
Post-Covid: Travelling btw countries if needed.
As we are in the midst of a transformation the skills set / preferences can also play a role in your ultimate scope of
- Improvement / harmonization of the existing processes surrounding data analysis, assumption
settings, actuarial models, and control framework.
- Business partnering: able to communicate clear messages towards our stakeholders in steering
our life business. Provide input / actively participate in various committees (e.g. reserve
committee / smart circles, etc): linking portfolio analysis to real world observations / product
features. Challenging the status quo is our creed!
- Leading / contributing towards new projects, such as M&A, improvement existing or setting up
new processes, implementation of new technology, etc
The Successful Applicant
Have a pro-active problem solving attitude. You are always ambitious (but realistic) in setting your
goals and have a track record in execution of plans / projects. You stay up to date in the actuarial
field and implement the latest developments.
Have the appetite to work in a regional setting with different cultures / approaches.1
Have a Master¡¯s degree in Actuarial science or in another relevant quantitative field.
Have strong knowledge of Solvency 2 or IFRS17.
Have 3+ years of experience in an actuarial reporting position or something closely related to it.
Are able to manage different stakeholders (from BoM to your direct colleagues).
Communicate fluently in English.
Able to make presentations on the spot / adapt your communication style to your
Are comfortable with coding in various software languages (preferred Python / C++ / WTW RA FM
etc.) to efficiently handle and analyze large and diverse loads of data or to model the actuarial cash
flows of our life insurance products.
What's on Offer
Excellent competitive salary and secondary conditions.
- An engaging diverse team of experts spread out over the Benelux and Romania.
- Freedom to determine where & when you work (New way of working) ¨C output driven.
- Development opportunities:
o We have a proven track record of promoting internal talent: are you our next Chief
Actuary or Chief Risk Officer?
o You have the ability to follow internal / external trainings (e.g. Xcelerate Academy).