Senior Account Manager - Biotech
Be a part of an innovative international biotechnology company!
Prove yourself by reaching exceptional results!
About Our Client
Our client is a contract research laboratory for DNA-based analysis. In the past 25 years our client has especially developed strong expertise and experience in microbial genomics research. Our client offers a complete range of microbial genomics services, including metagenomics, microbiome analysis and microbial strain characterisation services.
The successful candidate will join the commercial team for the Food, Feed, pharma & cosmetics markets. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and growth of current customers and building strong and sustainable relationships with key accounts. The account manager will be also responsible for the identification of new developments and trends in the market and defining potential new products. Additionally the successful cross-selling of other products and services of our client. The role will require both national and international travel to meet customers and also attendance at relevant conferences and business events.
The Successful Applicant
You are responsible for the (Key) account management within the commercial team. You are proactive, enthusiastic and result orientated with a high level of energy and ambition. You have a commercial attitude with excellent communication and presentation skills. Direct, demonstrable experience with microbiology and genomics technologies and/or a good network in this market will be seen as advantageous. You perform well as part of a commercial team and work well in a multi-disciplinary teams of product developers, business developers and the commercial team.
Specifically, we are searching for a candidate with the following experience and characteristics
- Educated to Masters degree level or higher, preferably in a bioscience, biotechnology or medical discipline. Experience in microbiology is an advantage.
- A proven track record in account management and account growth is essential with a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Ability to gain access to and maintain key contacts and DMUs at client's end.
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience with accurate budgeting and drafting-implementing service agreements.
- Excellent communication & networking skills and a high level of energy and ambition.
- Experienced in working and updating with CRM system
- Experience in the food, feed and pharma market, and ideally with Microbiology and Next-Generation sequencing.
- A network in the food ingredients, pharma and biotech market.
- The ability to work well both independently and within a team and be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Can-do-mentality, focused, flexible and willingness to travel.
What's on Offer
A challenging fulltime position in a growing biotech company, where the successful candidate will work in a highly motivated and ambitious team. Salary is dependent on candidates qualifications and experience.