Sales Manager - Industry Sector (fluent Dutch is a must)
Sales Manager role - focus on the industry segment (scope the Netherlands)
Manaing a team of +/-12 fte, P&L responsibility of +/-€6mln
Over onze klant
For a client of ours, active within the industry sector, we are currently recruiting for a Sales Manager.(focus Netherlands and South-Holland province mainly). Our client has a main focus on customers/businesses in the oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical, construction and industry world.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
You will be responsible for a team of +/-12 professionals (inside, outside sales, project specialists and sales support). Next to that you will have input in long-term strategic planning (3+ years) and key account management activities with some key stakeholders of the company.
Next to that your responsibilities include:
* Being part of the Management Team (MT) of the company
* Managing, supervising and ensuring proper functioning of your team
* Achieving the objectives of the internal and external sales department, projects and sales support, formulated in the annual budget plan; budget responsibility is approximately +/- €6mln
* Your main focus is on the sales side, however you will be involved in procurement and some marketing activities
* Establishing training and experience requirements for employees; coaching, development and professionalizing of your team
* The adequate management, supervision, motivation and stimulation of internal and external sales projects and sales support
* Distributing and controlling that the work and input your team is supposed to provide is delivered in a timely and qualitatively manner
* Determining priorities, giving instructions and work guidance;
* Handling of special commercial matters and maintaining relations with the key accounts; Realizing the final solution for customer complaints
* Conducting periodic performance and appraisal interviews with employees
To be successful in this role, you can describe your approach as "no-nonsense", down-to-Earth, flexible and hands-on, while being able to think at a higher strategic level. As a manager you are a people's person and you value an informal setting and you take joy in professionalizing and bringing your team to the next professional level. Next to that you have:
- Minimum Bachelor/HBO working and thinking level
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical sales, followed by minimum of 2 years in team leading role (team of direct reports).
- You are fluent in Dutch and English - both orally and in writing. Other languages are advantageous.
- You are open to commute and travel within the area of Rotterdam and the bigger Zuid-Holland area.
Our client is a company with the backing of a big international organization with financial stability and good market performance and exposure. You get the chance to step on board in an entrepreneurial environment with less hierarchy and possibilities to develop further on the longer term.
You will get a first-class onboarding training and development opportunity, while getting the chance to develop yourself and progress within the organization.