Risk Oversight Supervisor
Act as the second line of defense
with regard to the application of corporate standards and principles
About Our Client
The client is a large international automotive importer, responsible for private, financial and operational lease.
The Risk Oversight Supervisor is responsible for the Risk Oversight department. This position will act
as the second line of defense with regard to the application of corporate standards and principles in
conjunction with risk monitoring, analysis and reporting. The supervisor will work closely with the
line of business, to ensure complete, consistent and accurate capturing and reporting of risk
information and principles.
Main responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Risk Control and Supervision for Financial and Non-financial Risks
- Provide oversight to the line of business and its risk controls ensuring consistency and compliance with risk management framework and policies.
- Conduct analysis to support the management team in its independent identification, assessment and challenges related to risks throughout the credit process by providing management with critical inputs needed to understand risks and trends.
- Management reporting (Risk & Collections Committees): Responsibility of the Risk Reporting to internal and external users and to the Top Management. This report includes the supervisory/oversight requirements coming from both parties.
- Budget: Coordination and report of Annual Budget and 3-Year forecasts processes.
- Operational Risk control General: Reporting Operational Risk Control indicators
- Approve /validate the work program of internal control of operational risks Supervise the state of progress of these programs and review or comment the validity of the control.
- Follow the progress report of the findings Monitor Major incidents: Monthly report of the incidents;
- Action plan evolution (following the incident)
- Participate on risk management projects/programs and contribute to the dissemination of risk management best practices and measurement methodologies
- Expected Losses: Responsibility of validating parameters provision (provision rates, impairment rates, specific provisions and generic provisions)
- External Reporting: Regulators: Regulatory reporting. Support and service Audit processes
- Project Management and Maintenance: UW Policy Compliance Control and manage/coordinate IT projects related to Risk functions (user perspective)
- Risk Appetite and Policies: Propose limits for Risk Appetite and monitor the compliance of these limits; integration of Retail, Wholesale and Corporate Policy; procedures documentation.
The Successful Applicant
- University: Economics, Business Administration, Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience: Minimum of 2-3 years professional experience in banking, consultancy or audit
- Languages: English and preferably Dutch
- Proficient with MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential
- Medium SAS or similar skills/experience is essential
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills Execution oriented with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
What's on Offer
- Gross yearly salary: to be defined according to the experience
- arrangement to lease a car
- 1 year contract
- Full time, pension arrangement, commuting allowance
- Study arrangements
- This position is based in Rotterdam until 17-12-2018, after that in Amsterdam