Work for a leading automotive company
Dynamic, multidimensional role
Over onze klant
DRIVE TOGETHER - Our client believes that driving becomes interesting when you feel one with the car you drive in. This feeling of unity is call "Jinba Ittai" and is the basis of everything our client initiates. Therefore, they are making cars over 100 years, which are not only efficient but also look exquisite, are smarter and an adventure to drive in. From the office in Waddinxveen, the Netherlands, an enthusiastic team of 37 employees manages the brands network of dealers and repairers. The culture can be described as professional, easy-going, innovative, open and accommodating.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
Ensure management of high-risk dealers:
- Support the local and European Credit Watch process to identify and monitor highest credit/representation risks;
- Be subject matter expert within NSC on all topics relating to dealer financial risks;
- Define, gain agreement and manage implementation of individual strategies for high risk, under performing or terminated dealers;
- Implement and manage risk management strategy for all dealers, to identify potential issues of dealer risk and financial under-performance and prioritize actions to deliver best results for all stakeholders;
- Involve Financing & Risk team and external professionals (in certain circumstances) as appropriate;
- Manage all high-risk dealers, supporting and conducting business reviews, identifying the issues. Oversee wholesale product risk management:
- Assess the risk associated with the dealer wholesale financing products, and identify the issues and make recommendations that could improve the risk profile of these products;
- Develop products that will deliver a stronger risk management profile;
- Lead the wholesale financing risk management input into Monthly Financing Meetings to be held between NSC and MME;
- Ensure timely, relevant and reliable reporting from NL level to Europe level on their own wholesale financing operations;
- Maximize wholesale financing capacity by identifying and resolving credit limit problems at a dealer-by-dealer level.
- Support the business planning processes for the business and support the development of associated business cases.
- Perform yearly financial status review for direct sales customers (on new vehicle or P&A e.g. rental/leasing companies) to support approval process with European headquarter.
- Assess risk situation on demand for vendors.
Supervise audit activities including the development of operating reports and recommend improvements regarding the organisation's processes or systems as well as ensure the development and implementation of a robust internal control environment within the company:
- Perform the internal control assessment activities and/or participate in the identification of business risks/control gaps in respect of the organizations' operations and the establishment of risk control tools on a yearly base;
- Support the creation, maintenance and update of existing/new flow-charts and RCM of mapped processes;
- In case weak points are identified secure the compilation of corrective action plans and their implementation;
- Provide the necessary support on Internal Audits;
- Monitor the publishing of new European Guidelines (EG) and Financial Control Guidelines (FCG) and recommend the implementation of all existing EG and FCG;
- Support all NL branch departments in contract review details, give recommendations and follow up proper implementation on demand;
- Maintain contract management process (reviewing contract approvals, file the originals, store scans on Finance drive and consolidate contract details in the contract overview);
- Perform regular review of contracts based on contract overview regarding expiring dates and follow up with departments to ensure required renewals in time
- Constantly monitor changes in the legal environment and ensure that activities and the brand's practices in the relevant professional fields are up to date and comply with legal provisions.
- Develop and/or analyse all kind of reports as well as supervise their delivery:
- Create the wholesale finance report to identify risk/weak points on dealer network financial performance and follow up corrective measurements on a monthly base.
- Support analysis of quarterly financial data of dealer reports provided by external service company. Join the quarterly review committee and give feedback on analysis and recommendations.
Supervise implementation and optimisation of relevant best-fit IT systems:
- Ensure that the required business processes of the NL branch on wholesale financing of dealers are aligned in the brand's Self Financing applications APAK and support any required updates accordingly;
- Coordinate that eMOTIVE system supports APAK requirements properly.
- Coordinate workflows with external business contacts as well as participate in related discussions:
- Manage external business contacts related to risk management including their selection, contract management as well as the monitoring of their effectiveness;
- Cooperate with external consultants, service providers or lawyers to support business requirements, e.g. dealer floor checks or dealer contracts/
- Coordinate workflows with internal interfaces to support shared planning and mutual understanding
- Support other business units within the NL branch and cooperate with internal control departments EU branch
- Train dealer network on the company' Self Financing applications
- Act as a Business Partner and provide advice / guidance to senior management on people issues
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years experience in Risk Management, prefereably within an automotive company
- Experience with internal control, to monitor and audit approx. 15 car dealerships
- Contract reviewing
- Familiar with GDPR/Data protection
- Affinity with IT
- Drivers license
- Competitive salary package
- 13th month
- Attractive pension scheme