Risk Manager - Impact-Focused Investment Manager
Mission driven investment manager
Possibility to manage a team
About Our Client
My client is an impact-focused investment manager that manages and advises several funds in the area of financial inclusion, SME finance, affordable housing, renewable energy and agri. Its mission is to go where investing capital empowers people and improves lives.
Headquartered in Amsterdam and with a strong footprint in the emerging markets and 5 regional offices located in Georgia, Peru, Mexico, Thailand and Kenya, the team consists of over 80 professionals, including 30 different nationalities, with broad field experience and in-depth financial expertise. The investment portfolio spans across more than 60 countries. The Bangkok Office has been promoted by the Board of Investment (BOI) of Thailand, requiring periodic reporting to relevant authorities.
My client offers professional asset management services to investors, ranging from asset selection, to portfolio management to fund administration. It holds an AIFMD license and is regulated by the Dutch Central Bank and the Authority Financial Markets. Our investor base includes institutional investors, development banks, governments, NGOs, and retail banks, all of whom seek to combine both financial returns with and social/environmental impact.
As Risk Manager you contribute to the risk management of the organisation and the investment funds and mandates the company manages/ advises. In your day-to-day business you will optimise company risk management by developing and maintaining a risk governance framework, risk policies, risk monitoring and risk reporting lines. As the expert you will be involved in the decision-making process regarding important business questions. Based on your particular expertise, you act as a countervailing power for executive and senior management. You focus on risk control, operational risk, information security and business continuity but you are sufficiently flexible to leave the risk island and to focus on the interests at play at business level. You participate in/ advise on overall company projects which impact your colleagues globally. You are responsible for independent risk reporting to the Executive Board and Supervisory Board. You manage a team of 1-2 Risk Officers.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant university degree, preferably supplemented with a CFA and/or FRM;
- At least 7 years of experience with risk management within the asset management industry;
- Strong knowledge of the AIFM Directive;
- Knowledge of development and implementation of risk governance frameworks;
- Experience with setting up and monitoring risk policies;
- Extensive experience with identifying and analyzing financial risks, experience with ICAAP and SIRA;
- Capability to report and advise to the Company Board and Supervisory Board;
- Self-starter, strong personality with ability to work independently;
- Well-developed analytical and quantitative skills;
- Good communication skills, fluency in English both orally and in writing.
What's on Offer
- A competitive remuneration package