Risk & Internal Control Leader - Retail
Set up the Risk & Internal Control Framework
Combination of content and stakeholdermanagement
Over onze klant
One of the most well known - retail - organisations in the world. Please note that for this role my client unfortunately is not open for Financial Services professionals.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Develop a long term plan on revitalising and harmonising the risk and internal control approach to meet organisational demands and to ensure integration with business operations.
- Lead the delivery of this plan to ensure a consistent approach and consistent ways of working.
- Provide professional support to the risk management and internal control colleagues and reach an expertise level that enables them to meet good professional standards within in their parts of the business.
- Provide periodic Group risk- and internal control reporting addressing local and global risk perspectives and circulate critical risk intelligence through management teams.
- Develop and maintain strong (matrix) relationships with the core business (divisions) and work closely with internal stakeholders (e.g. Internal Audit and Governance) and external auditors to align risk and internal control initiatives.
- Provide advice upon request to ensure that appropriate internal controls are considered and designed into the ways of working and processes.
- An active professional certification in public accounting or internal auditing is required (CPA, CIA, CICA, etc.), with at least 12+ years of previous risk management and/or internal control experience.
- Proven track record in a leadership position in the field of risk management and/or internal control in non-financial services industries.
- Experience in developing and deploying risk management and internal control approaches in an international corporate environment that operates highly decentralized.
- First-hand operational knowledge and experience of how to lead risk management and internal control activities.
- Recognized ability to energize and motivate others, create buy-in to new initiatives and drive change.
- A competitive remuneration package