Risk & Internal Control Coordinator - Feed
Broad role within dynamic environment
Combination of content and stakeholdermanagement
Over onze klant
- My client has a turnover of 2.2 billion euros and produces 9.6 million tonnes of animal feed per year.
- My client employs approximately 2,300 people and has sites in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and the UK.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
Your role is essential to ensure that risks are properly mitigated and as a result the Board can sign the annual 'in control' statement as part of the annual accounts.
You will have a key role within the group for all risk and internal control related topics. This includes building awareness on In-Control (via the In-Control Framework (ICF)), Purchase Risk Management and support for Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), and also develop policies and reporting systems. You will assist the business and finance teams with all relevant questions and topics that arise. You will demonstrate a "hand on approach" with a good focus on high quality and meeting deadlines. You will ensure that agreed procedures are followed and monitored periodically by the organization.
The role demands a proactive, energetic attitude, good communication skills and the ability to influence key stakeholders. You ensure that ERM/ICF policies are compliant with applicable regulations (e.g. Dutch laws and Dutch corporate governance code) and generally accepted frameworks (e.g. COSO).
The Risk & Internal Control Coordinator is part of the Group Control Department and reports to the Manager Accounting & Risk.
Tasks and responsibilities of the Risk & Internal Control Coordinator:
- Review the ERM and ICF self-assessments prepared by the risk and control managers for completeness and accuracy
- In case of control deficiencies propose to the business the most effective and efficient mitigating measures
- Further develop the ICF by increasing the reliance on automated controls
- Responsible for safeguarding Segregations of Duties by preparing Can do / Did do analysis on a monthly basis, and proactively working with IT and the Business to reduce the number of executed and potential conflicts
- Train the finance teams of newly acquired companies to implement the ICF approach
- Key owner of the on-going maintenance of the risk policy (including the purchase risk policies), ERM training content and other professional and technical knowledge
- Assist with timely and adequate reporting of the ERM/ICF/Purchase related risks/findings to the business groups, Board and Risk Advisory Board
- Perform reviews of the hard close and year-end documentation of the business groups in the different countries
- Support on the project of auditable KPIs, ensuring that progress is made in the performance of the five sustainability KPIs and liaising with colleagues in Finance to make sure that accurate performance data on the KPIs is reported in the company's systems.
- Academic background in Finance, Business or Accountancy & Control with relevant professional qualification, Chartered Accountant is a preference.
- At least 5-7 years proven relevant working experience.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and tax and treasury basic principles.
- A track record of collaborative and cross-functional working.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, German is a preference.
- A competitive remuneration package.