Design and perform at a worldwide organization
Interim assignment for at least 3 months
About Our Client
SKF Research & Technology Development (RTD) is responsible for generating new knowledge and technology as well as for developing predictive physical models for life, lubrication and friction of rolling bearings.
Tribology, bearing life, bearing materials, friction, lubrication, sealing, and lubricants are knowledge area's and technologies that are at the heart of SKF. They are key for the technological leadership of SKF and are crucial building stones in SKF's innovation in its core functional competence: low friction, long endurance shaft rotation.
At present RTD consists of more than 90 highly skilled and educated technicians, researchers, scientists and technologists with the responsibility to build and provide knowledge, technology and solutions for the SKF products.
- design and perform bearing and seal experiments on SKF designed test rigs;
- support maintenance of bearing and sealing rigs;
- design and perform test rig modifications, both mechanically as well as electronically;
- contribute to the 5S standard of our laboratories.
The Successful Applicant
- a BASc in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent;
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience;
- experience in working in an R&D environment;
- knowledge in lubrication, lubricant performance, sealing and bearing testing;
- hands-on approach and interested in working in a laboratory for experimental testing and practical work;
- enthusiastic attitude;
- self-motivated and pro-active team member;
- customer-focused and result oriented;
- good communication skills and fluent in English.
What's on Offer
We offer you the opportunity to work in an innovative and well-equipped R&D environment for a period of 3 months. You will join a team of well-motivated colleagues and will have a lot of international contacts.