- Join a new Shared Services Centre based in Tomar
- Be part of a totally new concept in SSC industry
About Our Client
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 employees and serves more than 3.8 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide's scientific territory and have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902.
Founded in 2019 in Lisbon, Air Liquide European Business Services (ALEBS) aims to support the Air Liquide Group in it's financing and accounting processes
- Operationally manage Cash Application activities for assigned region
- Support a standardization process initiative along with continuous process improvement
- Maintain/improve cash application KPI goals and act as strong team player for the cash application workstream
- Active contributor to the strategic direction of Cash Applications within the OTC department
- As part of the cash application team, manage the global month end cash app close for assigned ledgers, ensuring operational adherence to close calendar and SOX governance
- Ensure the efficient and accurate application of all cash that is received into bank accounts for assigned legal entities
- Work on process improvement projects such as automatic cash functionality
- Partner closely with Global & Regional Accounting Centers, ensuring consistent and open communication lines between all groups
- Manage all Cash Application processes as part of group and statutory audits
- Ensure regular reviews performed on process documentation / job aids
- Upload and reconcile bank statements.
- Liaise closely with Treasury, AP and Collection to identify un-reconciled items.
- Process daily/weekly Direct Debit Payment Proposals and payment runs.
- Process Customer Refunds.
The Successful Applicant
- Fluency in English
- Other languages are valued (French; Polish, Arabic, German).
- Experience in Cash Applications process or basic accounting understanding
- Proven experience preferably in a Multinational, multi-currency, shared services environment.
- Proven track record in identifying and implementing process improvements
- Experience in working in a service driven, customer focused environment
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes
What's on Offer
A new and revolutionary project, and the opportunity to work with one of the most recognized players in its industry.