QA / QC Manager (FMCG)
High responsibility for the quality of the products
Responsible for implementing all quality systems
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Consumer Food Company with more than 50 years of experience, with iconic brands, integrated operations (farm to fork), wide distribution network and a strong global footprint (presence across 65 countries) and strong platform for new opportunities
- Manages all quality assurance and laboratory activities for the site in a professional manner.
- Provides direction and influences development and implementation of all site strategies and quality systems,
- Ensures that all products weather bulk or consumer packs are safe for consumption and conform to the intended product attributes, must ensure customer specifications are adhered
- Must consistently review competitive products and provide benchmarking strategies and bring about improvements and corrections where necessary,
- Support initiatives on product safety and quality for all our products including our process lines,
- Must ensure strict compliance to GMP practices, policies and standards, including safety
- Participate in quality improvement projects including effective execution of line trials, line clearances, verifications and validations,
- Manages the internal audit function for the site and ensure effectiveness of corrective and preventive action process within the framework of the QMS system,
- Actively manage the crisis management team on incidents,
- Professionally manage the customer and consumer complaint redressal system, actively manage the response times and corrective and preventive actions for each complaint after a thorough RCA,
- Provide inputs, recommendations towards improvements during in-process and final product to ensure our brands conform to the pre- determined quality standards of the customer,
- Identify and Analyze trends, interpret and report information from our customers and consumers,
- Ensure training opportunities are provided to QA team members in the area of skill development that are aligned with our development plans, QA leads must take initiatives to train other associates in the area of hygiene, food safety, HACCP, CCP and PRP,s
- Notification and reporting of quality and safety issues, identifying the business risks and deal with them in an expeditious manner,
- Review staffing requirements and work towards filling gaps, assist in identifying the right skill sets,
- Plan and work out a budget for the division and adhere to it , keeping the Key Management representatives informed,
- Manage all laboratory instrument purchase, calibration and its upkeep,
- Bringing in improvements in quality of product both with regard to its physical & sensory characteristics, maintaining brand specifications & implementing changes where required.
- Monitoring competitor's brands for improvement and benchmarking.
- Managing all Inspection requirements in accordance with international requirements, all third party inspections for customers, managing all blocked products, re-worked products.
- Liaise, negotiate with all service providers to ensure inspection, testing and certifications are performed professionally.
- Manage all client tests from outsourced laboratories with regards to chemical and biological tests,
- Provide professional guidance and inputs to Production towards non-conforming products and monitoring improvement on implementing corrections.
- Negotiate, review and finalize all testing costs with laboratories and ensure accuracy of reports received.
- MIS - Prepare statistical QC reports on process rejections, monthly reports that covers all Food Safety issues with reasons and corrective actions,
- Ensure lab hygiene is maintained at all times, maintenance of all instrumentation and retention of samples is well maintained for traceability.
- All Inspection and quality monitoring of export shipments, mitigating risks, appointment of surveyors and meeting documentation requirements,
- Manage all legal and compliance requirements in accordance to the law of the land, conduct tests in accordance with standard requirements
- Must be well versed with global standards - BRC, IFS, GMP+, 45001 , 17025,
- Must address all pest management issues in the facility and constantly liaise with Pest Management service providers.
Compliance bodies, authorities, service providers, surveying companies, auditors and clients
Quality Control team , Management team
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree, Post Graduate in Food Technology, MSC Chemistry, Other Science related fields and or experience in a good food related industry.
Must be an accredited auditor for a GFSI standard such as BRC, IFS
5+ years of experience in the food sector preferably in the grains industry or equivalent,
Experience of effectively leading a team and accomplishing goals through others,
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and good primary and secondary benefits