(Dutch/German) Property Accountant in a small team in Amsterdam
Dynamic international property investor with aggressive growth plans in Europe
Over onze klant
A small team of a much larger international corporate (Real Estate Investment Firm) based in Asia who has aggressive growth plans in Europe's logistics real estate space. In this dynamic environment numerous opportunities arise for staff to improve process, integrate acquired business and learn other aspects of the real estate industry from other teams in the group.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
The Business Controlling team located in Amsterdam, is a shared service center for all subsidiaries situated in Germany, Austria, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. The team is responsible for the accuracy, completeness and integrity of financial numbers reported to internal and external stakeholders. As such, the applicant will review transactions booked in the ledger of property companies and reconcile inter-group balances. The incumbent will, together with the team, prepare monthly internal financial reports (under IFRS, dutch Gaap and German Gaap), review VAT and CIT tax returns and assists asset management in the preparation of asset reports. The role includes the preparation of individual financial statements of property and holding companies and assisting the asset management team in finalizing the annual service cost recharges.
- SUCCESFUL CANDIDATE SPEAKS EITHER DUTCH FLUENTLY / EITHER GERMAN (PROFICIENT)
- Education in business administration and focus specifically in accounting and controlling.
- 5+ years experience within the real estate industry in a Finance function
- proficient with MS Office (Excel and Word) and a mainstream accounting package (preferably Yardi).
- Knowledge of a fast-close month-end environment is an advantage and experience with Dutch GAAP and IFRS (preferably also German GAAP) is required.
- Experience in drafting financial statements (exposure to CaseWare an added advantage) and reconciliations (including clear audit trail documentation)
- responsible for preparing these for individual property companies as well as selected holding companies.
- Good understanding of group structures and consolidations of information is a requirement for financial reporting purposes.
- Exposure and understanding of VAT and tax reporting to tax authorities is an added advantage.
- The team acts as a sparing partner for all functional teams in Europe and the head office in Asia, requiring good communication skills in English and to some degree German.
- A small team of a much larger international corporate based in Asia who has aggressive growth plans in Europe.
- In this dynamic environment numerous opportunities arise for staff to improve process, integrate acquired business and learn other aspects of the real estate industry from other teams in the group.
- Focus on developing and growing our staff to meet this growth and offer an equal opportunity environment with market-related remuneration and above-market benefits.