Lead and manage development projects for a global manufacturor
International role with European responsibilities
Over onze klant
Wavin is a leading supplier of plastic pipe systems and solutions with a solid reputation stemming from more than 60 years of innovation. Wavin connects customers to better solutions, for above and below ground projects, in the following application areas: water management, heating and cooling, water and gas distribution, waste water drainage and datacom. Headquarted in Zwolle, the Netherlands, Wavin is present in more than 20 countries and operates more than 30 manufacturing sites, mostly located in Europe. Employing close to 5000 people and with annual revenues of around € 1.1 billion, Wavin is a subsidiary of Mexichem, a global leader in plastic piping and one of the world's largest chemical and petrochemical companies. Mexichem contributes, through the Fluor, Vinyl and Fluent Business Groups, to global development by delivering an extended portfolio of products to high growth sectors such as infrastructure, housing, datacom and water management.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
In this challenging position you will be part of our passionate, enthusiastic and creative innovation team. As the Project Manager you will initiate, lead and manage development projects from idea-generation to production implementation and sales development for our Business Unit Soil & Waste. The projects you will be responsible for require multimillion investments and your key goal will be to deliver project on time, in full. In this European role you will be leading multi-disciplinary project teams with product developers, test engineers and material & processing specialists as well as product / purchasing / supply chain managers and more. Part of managing the innovation process is managing your external stakeholders such as mold and material suppliers, knowledge institutes and many more.
- Initiate, lead and manage multiple product innovation projects from start till implementation according to Wavin's stage gate process;
- Project progress reporting (planning, budget, milestones) on different levels: Business management, operating companies & suppliers;
- Lead multi-disciplinary innovation teams;
- Secure patent/trademark/design protection and Freedom to Operate of new developments;
- Secure that developed products are in accordance with agreed specifications/international standards and requirements;
- Being the gatekeeper for all technical know-how regarding design, processing and application aspects of relevant product ranges.
- Master in Mechanical Engineering;
- Experienced Project Manager in an innovative and international technical environment;
- Knowledge of plastics products, injection molding and other plastics processing techniques;
- With your passion, drive and leadership, you will be able to inspire and motivate your team members;
- You distinguish yourselves by thinking in solutions, focusing on results and understanding and managing a wide variety stakeholders;
- Outstanding communicative skills and able to communicate in English (verbal & writing);
- Willing to travel (~20%).
Talent is at the heart of our way of working and we aim at creating a dynamic workplace where expertise, ideas and innovation can thrive and prosper. We offer a challenging, exciting position in a collaborative and international environment paired with a comprehensive and attractive compensation and benefits package. Be part of our future growth and count on a fulfilling career!