Project Management Officer
An opportunity to be a part of a global organization
Lots of opportunity to learn and grow within the team.
Over onze klant
CRH is the leading global diversified building materials business in the world, a Fortune 500 company. They manufacture and supply a diverse range of superior building materials and products for use in the construction and maintenance of infrastructure, housing and commercial projects.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Facilitate and execute the portfolio management process (assess and score requests for projects, manage approval process)
- Capture demand in a structured way (Demand process)
- Keep an up-to-date repository of projects underway and requests pending review.
- Implementing scoring and prioritization models to help assess which requests should be approved.
- Managing a resource capacity plan or resource forecast to allocate shared resources to projects.
- Prepare documentation to be presented to CAPEX committee
Set/apply standards for how projects are run . Process, Tools and Methodologies development
- Define and maintain a project management methodology, processes and standards
- Define and implement governance standards across the portfolio
- Actively research, adopt and promote best practice project management techniques
- Set project documentation standards and ensure that projects create and maintain comprehensive and quality project documentation
- Define and take responsibility on the standard PMO subprocesses. Train other PMOs on these processes
- Define and take responsibility on the standard Enterprise Risk Management methodology and apply it to Programmes and Projects as required
- Develop standard templates to be used by the broad PMO and PM organisation
Source of training, guidance and advice for project managers and PMOs
- Act as a source of guidance and advice for project managers and PMOs
- Train project team members on project management tools, practices and processes
Liaise with other functions
- Engage with IT leadership and other functions as required
- Coach and guide projects team members in working together for successful projects
- Liaise with other fiunctios stakeholders as required per projects
Gathering of project data and production of information for management review. Reporting
- Monitor and report against ongoing key projects in the organisation for management review and in case escalations are needed
- Measure projects performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Use appropriate verification techniques to monitor changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Actively monitor key projects RAIID, escalating as per defined processes
- Ensure every project delivers the expected Value
Project Documentation and Archiving
- Ensure completed projects are closed down, with all project artefacts and lessons learned archived. Share lessons learned with relevant projects
- Gather programme level Lessons Learned and post them to an easy to use repository;
- Develop Playbooks for new activities to protect Company KnowHow
- Carry out assurance review processes
- Ensure that any new products or services delivered by the project are fit for purpose and are capable of delivering the benefits required by the organisation board.
- Ensure project management standards are followed
- Aggregate Projects costs and benefits
- Facilitate timely calculation of Accruals, Forecast and report on Deviations
- Gather, review and edit project submissions for budget cycles
- Strong educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- Bachelor's Degree and training preferred in PMO/PM activities in IT related activities
- 3+ years' of related experience with Professional Services and project management of enterprise software delivery and infrastructure
- Proven working experience as a project manager/administrator in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in a field such as ERP, software, infrastructure or web projects
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Preferred certified on any methodology PMP / PRINCE II/AGILE
- Excellent at synthesizing and structuring information
- Experience in M&A&D projects will be valued
A competitive salary package together with the opportunity to be a part of a highly growing and dynamic team!