- An international rapidly growing organization.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial organization.
Over onze klant
Our client is one of the largest manufacturers in the Refrigeration industry. They are a Japanese-origin company with its European HQ in Amsterdam.
This role has close contact with internal stakeholders (our sales branches across EMEA and factories in Denmark, Turkey, India, Japan, Italy etc), external customers (dealer and suppliers) to better understand market, market trends, products & customer requirements and drives new product development in the category while collaborating also with other departments mainly at our European HQ. Regular communication with our suppliers/factories to actively develop, phase in and phase out equipment to ensure a competitive range of products is expected.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Actively manage the refrigeration product category
- Identify and initiate product development and improvements (innovation, market opportunities)
- Manage phase out of products that arrive at the end of their life cycle
- Drive growth & profit of the products in line with Company objectives
- Collaborate closely with sales (branches), internal departments
- Conduct market research for the category of products (size, potential, competition)
- Familiarize with current products and identify product opportunities.
- Liaise with manufacturing partners (including group companies, OEM partners) regarding assigned product category.
- Conduct competitor analysis
- Own Product Launch Process to ensure successful product launches
Knowledge, skills, and attitude
- Bachelors' Degree required, PRE if engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant product/category management experience in finished technical goods, and/or in refrigeration and/or food equipment industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of professional food processes
- Project Management Skills
- Fluent in English and ideally 1 other language spoken in Europe
- Up to 10 percent travel per year
- Strong meeting facilitation skills to run product planning meetings
- Knowledge of EU legislation for this product segment is preferred
- Advanced skills in market data analyses, presentation, negotiation
- Superior PowerPoint skills
- Hands on mentality and experience, team player, passionate about the job
- Understands cultural differences
Great role within a great company!