Fully responsible for product development within a world leading manufacturer
Potential to introduce and market new products
Over onze klant
Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world's leading manufacturer of peristaltic and sinusoidal pumps, servicing customers across a wide range of manufacturing industries such as pharmaceutical, water treatment, food and beverage, and mining. As subsidiary of the Spirax-Sarco Engineering Group (LSE: SPX) WMFTG operates seven world class factories located in Europe and two in the USA. They trade with their global customer base mainly through wholly owned subsidiary direct sales companies operating in the major economies around the globe.
The hiring company is Watson-Marlow Bredel, located in Delden the Netherlands. This company workforce comprises of professional engineering, manufacturing, sales support, and accounting personnel, clerical office staff. This team of currently 60 fte designs, develops, manufactures and sells the Bredel and APEX pump range to almost all direct sales organizations in the world and a limited number of distributors. The Bredel pump range is recognized as world leading in heavy duty peristaltic pumps.
Watson-Marlow Bredel is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage woman to respond to build a better balance of man and women across the organization.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- To own and manage a defined range of products and be responsible for the planning and execution to maximise its commercial success throughout its lifecycle.
- Product strategy: vision and roadmap for the product range. Ensure the product strategy is prioritised and implemented
- To collaborate closely with Design and Engineering and other teams to deliver products that align with this vision, meet market needs and are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard to measure product sales, profitability and continuously assess poor performing products and to pro-actively manage.
- To identify attractive products outside of the company portfolio that may add to growth and profitability through acquisitions
- To be the voice of the customer within the organisation
- To act as a leader within the business and influence outcomes to grow sales and profitability
- To be the subject matter expert for the product range managed and its market segment and application
- To develop and execute the Product Strategy, that achieves sustainable growth of the product portfolio
- To define the market, the trends and drivers and the customer needs, guiding the business towards a portfolio of New Product Development (NPD) projects aligned with business strategy
- Specify the projects which best achieve strategic development objectives within the resources constraints of NPD & Supply
- To commission profitable NPD projects
- To guide specific NPD projects
- Be responsible for the product launch
- Coordinate the early commercialisation of new products through the early adopter stage of the product life cycle
- Manage product growth and profitability through the product life-cycle
- Ensure CVPs are current and reflected in sales tools and collateral
- Understand sales and Gross Contribution performance and initiate actions as appropriate, be they GEM improvements or product cost reduction projects
- Triage and prioritise major product change requests
- Agree end-of-life criteria and manage product exit with both factory and commercial team to minimise customer impact.
- Understand the competition and trigger / prioritise comparative testing, including training of sales teams in the results
- Monitor and communicate significant market and competition activity
- Be the gate-keeper for the product continuing to meet requirements for sustainable growth
- Bachelor's degree (HBO) or equivalent, with a minimum of three year's related experience.
- Knowledge of product management is an advantage
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required to communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high professionalism.
- Commercially advanced
- Proficient in Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Word, MS Dynamics AX (ERP), Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Skype for Business.
- Fluent in English
- Dutch is a pro
- Experience in the market of Industrial pumps with a preference for PC and Peristaltic pumping principles is a pro
- Competitive salary
- Free retirement plan
- A Bonus system which can lead up to 50% of monthly salary with Profit on Plan
- 27 holidays
- A 38 hour working week where you work 40 hours and save 2 hours per week in a time bank system