Product Manager - Heating equipment
Be part of a highly dynamic and growing team.
Lots of grow opportunities within the organization.
About Our Client
The client company is in the Equipment Manufacturing Industry and the role is based out of Apeldoorn.
Our central heating boilers are a household name in the Netherlands thanks to their energy efficiency and quality. But as one of the largest players in the European heating market, we also want to lead the way in the development of sustainable solutions. In this position you are responsible for further developing the 'controls' product group for customers such as construction companies, energy suppliers and end users.
The team consists of 17 colleagues with whom you work closely. You report to the Product & Innovation Manager. The product managers are the connecting link between R&D, suppliers, purchasing, sales and marketing. You work intensively with customers and sales to map out requirements and wishes. You draw up the correct product specifications together with R&D. Together with product marketers from neighboring countries, you draw up the product roadmap for the coming 3-5 years.
An important part of this position is also communicating in multidisciplinary project teams in which you have a leading role and draw up the specifications for new products. By discussing a lot with suppliers and customers, you keep in touch with developments in the market.
The energy market is constantly changing and we are happy to move along! This enables us to respond directly to developments. It also ensures that you write business plans for the most innovative products. You research what customers need by also talking to them, and translate this into attractive products. Your specifications are substantiated in detail and you ensure that your ideas fit within our mission and vision. You set the right path for the right teams, ensure support from important stakeholders and monitor progress and results. Ultimately you will achieve the highest satisfaction of customers and all partners in your network.
The Successful Applicant
You are analytical and always aware of trends and developments in the market. You know how to translate this into new product concepts. You are able to form and propagate your own vision. You communicate clearly with all stakeholders and dare to take initiatives and make choices.
For this position you will also need:
- A completed higher professional education in Electrical Engineering or comparable;
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar position. Preferably in a technical environment;
- Experience with hardware and / or software is a plus
- Due to the international character of the position, a good command of spoken and written Dutch and English is a prerequisite. German is a plus given the many German suppliers and the contact with our sister company in Germany.
What's on Offer
With our innovative way of thinking, we break taboos and contribute to a sustainable world. We believe in the strength of our employees and therefore place a lot of responsibility on you. We are happy to do something in return. That is why we offer you an annual contract with the prospect of permanent employment, a good pension scheme, travel allowance, an annual thirteenth month, 27 vacation days and 13 Adv days.
You will also receive a telephone and laptop and you can participate for free in our online learning environment to continuously update your knowledge in all kinds of areas that are of interest to you.
Our company strictly follows the measures of the RIVM with regard to COVID-19 and for that reason we all work from home as much as possible. We only go to the office when strictly necessary. It is expected that, even if it is allowed to go to the office together again, we will maintain a combination of working at home and at the office.
Five additional reasons to choose us:
- We are a forerunner in the field of sustainable innovations;
- A large international network. Sharing knowledge has no limits;
- Through our internal training opportunities, we teach you everything you need to know to make your job a success;
- We are happy to pay for your gym subscription (wherever you exercise in the Netherlands). Vitality is high on our agenda;
- Warm and collegial working atmosphere with plenty of space for department outings, company parties and sporting activities. Which we will certainly pick up again as soon as the situation around COVID-19 permits.