Develop the procurement strategy
Develop and lead the Procurement organisation in Europe
Over onze klant
Our customer is a leading protective packaging company with manufacturing facilities in Stevenage (UK), Herbrechtingen (Germany) and Heerlen (The Netherlands). They manufacture a wide range of innovative and sustainable packaging solutions that we supply to customers throughout Europe. Everything they do revolves around thei customers. Their ambition is to grow considerably, which requires a flawless, consistent and reliable Procurement organization.
To develop and lead the Procurement organisation in Europe and to drive improved and sustainable procurement, they have an opening for an experienced and motivated Procurement Manager.
The Procurement Manager assures continuity of supply at the optimal Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of desired goods and services, through selecting best-in-class suppliers, setting up favourable contracts and partnerships and managing supplier relationships. You run the department in an efficient, effective and profitable manner. You actively engage with all departments to achieve procurement goals that contribute to their company strategy.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Develop the procurement strategy and translate the strategy into a departmental plan and budget;
- Identify and analyse business needs, liaise with key stakeholders on the development and implementation of annual category strategies and saving opportunities;
- Determine and implement a negotiation strategy and negotiate with suppliers concerning price, quality and delivery conditions and select suppliers meeting requirements;
- Build, maintain and own the vendor relationship and a network of relevant (strategic) suppliers and business contacts;
- Measure supplier performance and take the lead in enhancement of supplier performance and capabilities;
- Provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments, by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and analyses;
- Further develop and improve procurement procedures, policies and standards;
- Manage processes and activities in improvement projects;
- Signal and analyse relevant market developments regarding suppliers, price and cost developments and attend relevant events / activities;
- Recruit, engage, mentor and develop team members (approx. 5 FTE, distributed over NL and UK) and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- At least 5+ years of experience in managing a procurement team;
- Inspirational and creative leader that hires, develops and motivates the right staff to connect to our business and take ownership in delivering excellent service
- Proven ability to establish a procurement organisation across borders that adds value to the business
- Passionate about process improvement, setting high goals and achieving them;
- Strong communication skills, persuasive and able to work with a variety of stakeholders;
- Flexible self-starter that anticipates continuously to changing circumstances;
- Collaborative with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a European and Global dynamic environment;
- Very strong analytical skills;
- Bachelor or academic qualification in Supply Chain or Business Administration with 6+years of professional experience, preferably in an international manufacturing environment;
- Good command of MS Office, excellent command of Excel and SAP;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English (preferably also German and/or French), all verbal and written.
- Main work location will be Eindhoven (NL), frequent travel required to the UK and other EU locations.
This is a great opportunity for a progressive and versatile driven Procurement Professional that wants to be part of an ambitious organization and team, with lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are an informal organisation, where they challenge you and want you to challenge them. Your contribution will make a direct impact on their day to day operations.
They put their people first, in line with company purpose to Protect, to Preserve and to Inspyre: ''We want them to feel safe and secure, we give them the opportunity to release their full potential and provide them challenging and rewarding jobs and career opportunities.''