Operational Control Manager
Great Risk opportunity based in Curacao
Work for an international bank
About Our Client
Since the 1940s, the organisation, has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries they pioneer innovative solutions that meet their clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Their continuous investment in learning means that their people are among the best in the industry. Also their corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at this organisation isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
- Experience in operational risk in financial services and/or banking in first, second or third line roles,
- Lead the "in control" agenda for operational risk for CBC: be responsible for all aspects ranging from process maintenance and incident logging to providing assurance to management;
- Assisting the business managers in designing, assessing and managing the control environment, develop and support a consistent best practice design and the effective execution of internal controls;
- Periodic risk assessments and Incident Management: as subject matter expert actively facilitate Risk and Control Self-Assessments ;
- Identifying, documenting and assessing on a pro-active basis key controls for testing (Quality Assurance)
- Operational Readiness: coordination of in control matters at hand with key partners including Risk Management, Internal Audit, Compliance and Business Management;
- Governance and Reporting: ensure efficient organization and execution of key risk governance committees including preparation and coordination of meeting materials, recording minutes and in the case of the Operational Risk Committee and being an active participant.
- The ability to build relationships with operational staff at all levels
- Excellent organization and writing skills (in English)
- The ability to execute the relevant risk management agenda for CBC successfully.
- The successful candidate will have a hands-on mentality and track record of building relationships with multiple stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to University degree level;
- Strong knowledge of risk management and operational controls;
- A minimum of 5-8 years risk and control management related work experience in a financial services institution;
- A good understanding of banking, treasury management and payments processes is highly desirable;
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing, Dutch is desirable;
- Excellent writing skills (particularly in the context of report writing and minute taking for risk governance meetings;
- Proven solution provider with an innovative approach;
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills with attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral);
- Ability to both work independently, as part of a widely distributed team and with multiple stakeholders;
- Pro-active and result driven.
What's on Offer
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.