- Exciting Reporting Role in an International Banking Environment
- Newly Created role, Entrepreneurial Personality Needed
About Our Client
The Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (MHFG or the Mizuho Group) is one of the largest financial institutions in the world. Through its legally-owned subsidiaries it offers a broad range of services including banking, trust banking and securities, and other business related to financial services through its group companies. The total Mizuho Group and its subsidiaries has approximately 56,000 staff working worldwide. In Japan, Mizuho has approximately 800 branches which serve 24 million individual customers and cover ca. 70% of Japan's listed companies. Outside of Japan, Mizuho relies on a global network of 117 offices, within 32 different countries.
Mizuho Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully licensed bank incorporated in the Netherlands and supervised by De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) and the Autoriteit Financiële Markten (AFM). MBE was established in 1974 and has always been located in Amsterdam. We employ around 90 FTE and have three foreign branches (Brussels, Madrid and Vienna).
- Responsible for Payment Statistics Reporting toward Dutch Central Bank
- Work with IT, accounting, compliance, operations, and other areas in technology to ensure all deliverables are implemented accurately across all regimes
- Ensure all reporting requirements are accurate and complete which includes checking and validating change from a regulatory perspective and supporting with UAT testing
- Ensure all changes that could impact reporting obligations follow the defined governance & control framework.
- Provide analysis and determine requirements
- Implement best practices in the function - validating current reporting requirements and ensuring future reporting requirements and changes adhere to these best practices
- Define and template appropriate tests strategies & test cases required to detect issues with changes developed by the team
The department and team
The Middle Office department is a control department for the Japanese and non-Japanese business lines as well as the Treasury Department, supporting a wide range of wholesale financing activities across all of MBE's offices.
The Middle Office Department is concentrating all Non-Financial reporting within the department and in order to do so, a new role is created. The main focus of the role is to deliver Non-Financial reporting capability across the function and engage with key stakeholders to ensure the reporting is accurate across all regimes.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have: a Bachelor degree in Economics, Business Administration, or country equivalent in a related discipline together with banking working experience.
- Alternatively can show strong analytical skills from another discipline.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar (Banking) position.
- Technical background - XML
- Previous Reporting or Middle Office activities
What's on Offer
- Unique opportunity of working in a dynamic international and multicultural environment and being part of one of the largest financial institutions of the world.
- Competitive remuneration package (e.g. 13th month and bonus).
- 100% company paid defined pension plan.
- 29 vacation days based on fulltime.
- Good career opportunities for professional development in a global institution.
- Technical and professional training.