Model Risk Manager
Broad function within dynamic environment
International, fast-paced and growing company
About Our Client
An international financial institution.
- Develop processes, tools, reports and presentations to create a standardized and sustainable process for the development and deployment, validation and approval, performance monitoring and change management of models within the organisation.
- Support the creation and maintenance of the enterprise-wide model inventory, model control standards, and model risk ranking. Including providing ad-hoc query and reporting support, data population and revisions.
- Gain a thorough understanding of and take ownership of maintaining the Model Governance Framework documents - policy, requirements & guidelines and model validation procedures.
- Assist in managing model validation by scheduling and coordinating various model validation activities, provide effective communication to model owners, resolve open items and troubleshooting, status updates, review of draft reports, track model validation findings and status of remediation activities.
- Work closely with Model Validators and Risk Managers in the Governance & Reporting team to assist in developing and maintaining of the model governance framework.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 3 to 5 years of work experience in similar function within the financial services industry.
- Academic education in a relevant field, like economics, finance/business administration or econometrics.
- Knowledgeable of model risk management and associated regulatory requirements such as IFRS, Basel regulation.
- Strong project management capabilities.
- Experience with model risk management tooling.
- Able to effectively communicate about model developments and model impact.
- Ability to work independently and in an environment that sometimes has a high level of ambiguity.
What's on Offer
- A competitive remuneration package.