- Focus on electronic payments
- Growing fintech
About Our Client
Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program and ensuring the business is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations. For the Netherlands Wft, WWFT and PSD2.
· Oversee all business operations relating to compliance including policies and procedures.
· Work as part of the Compliance Function to deliver local compliance needs for the Dutch regulator.
· Responsible for the organization's Privacy Program including but not limited to daily operations of the program, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures, monitoring program compliance, investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches and insuring patients' rights in compliance with GDPR.
· Advise Board, Supervisory Board and management on the company's compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
· Design and monitor control systems to deal with violations of legal (Dutch) rules and internal policies.
· Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
· Regularly audit company procedures, practices and documents to identify possible weakness or risks.
· Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
· Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes and resolve employee concerns about legal compliance.
· Implement and maintain of systems and controls for Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing. Report suspicious transactions to the Finance Intelligent Unit (FIU) in the Netherlands.
· Build and maintain effective working relationship with all areas of the business to engender a culture of risk awareness. Especially build and maintain effective working relationship with the UK Risk- & Compliance department.
· Manage complaints in accordance with the practice complaints policy. Liaise with complainants in a sensitive and appreciative manner. Inform the Board of any complaint.
The Successful Applicant
· Bachelor's or master's degree in law, finance, business management, or a related field.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of Wft, Wwft, PSD2 and the AML directive.
· Experience as a compliance officer within a regulated finance.
· Preferably knowledge of payments, digital payments and card acquiring
· Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English.
· Experience solving problems using a range of different information sources to influence decisions.
· The ability to be flexible, decisive and quick-thinking.
· The ability to handle complaints and difficult situations in a patient, calm and effective manner.
· Capacity to work independently as well as part of a team (both in the Netherlands and the UK) and be able to work effectively in high pressure scenarios.
· Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
· Hands-on mentality.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary package