Manager Group Accounting & Tax
A challenging and highly visible rol in an international company
Involvement in extensive projects
Over onze klant
Our client, HES International, is one of Europe's largest independent bulk handling companies. They provide transshipment, storage, blending and processing services of dry bulk and liquid bulk products at 18 sites across 8 countries.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
The Manager Group Accounting & Tax has one direct report and reports the the CFO.
- Financial Policies, Guidelines, and Protocols - Create a plan to deliver and review financial policies, guidelines, protocols and manuals for accounting and tax, to ensure the Group and Terminals comply with regulations and good financial practice.
- Accounting - Run the accounting process and reporting cycles, from planning to filling the audited consolidated accounts, in order to ensure accurate, timely and compliant financial reporting. Tax Ensure, in collaboration with external advisors, timely and accurately filing of tax returns and manage all tax related issues, risks and questions.
- Optimisation - Identify and implement optimisation opportunities (e.g. changes, enhancements, automating) and propose and coordinate maintenance, harmonisation and standardisation of accounting and tax practices; ensure all changes are effectively implemented.
- Data Collection & Analysis - Use data from a wide range of sources to analyse key themes and identify possible impacts on and opportunities for the business in order to support decision-making in the board.
- Compliance - Monitor and review performance and behaviours within accounting and tax, to identify and resolve non-compliance with the Group's and Terminal's policies and relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct.
- Insights and Reporting - Prepare and coordinate the completion of various financial reports (e.g. management and statutory reporting) and ensure the integrity of (consolidated) data reported externally to relevant stakeholders.
- University/Post Graduate (Masters degree - in possession of RA title or equivalent is a strong preference);
- 8+ years of substantial general work experience together with comprehensive job-related experience in own area of expertise to fully competent level;
- Preferably experience within a Big10 and/or international context, with complex tax structuring and filing;
- Trained in IFRS and experience with understanding of local GAAP;
- Business fluent Dutch and English written/speaking skills are required;
- Teamplayer, integrity, flexible, solution-oriented.
- A competitive salary with additionally a bonus scheme;
- A crucial role in the organisation.