Logistics Procurement Manager EMEA
A highly visible role to lead and execute the EMEA Logistics strategy
Leading global chemical distributor of industrial and specialty chemicals
Over onze klant
Founded in 1924, Univar is a leading global chemical distributor of industrial and specialty chemicals and related chemistry services. Univar operates a network of over 600 distribution facilities throughout North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, and Latin America, with additional sales offices located in Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. With nearly 9,000 employees, serve over 100,000 customers, representing nearly every major industry and a highly diverse set of end markets.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
This role is based in Univar's supply chain excellence center in Rotterdam and will require strong collaboration with other members of the supply chain and sales teams, and external Logistics partners.
The key responsibility is the development, support and execution of the EMEA logistics procurement strategy whilst meeting cost and service objectives.
- Management of 3rd party warehouse and transport partners on safety, cost and service targets, for the European Distribution Centers (EDC operation).
- Carrier onboarding with the Univar Transport Management System.
- Management & implementation of logistics tenders across EMEA.
- Carrier consolidation across EMEA.
- Be an active contributor to the EMEA Supply Chain Team, professionalizing the selection and management of Logistics partners while driving safety, service and cost improvements.
- Collaborate effectively with responsible managers for transport and their teams, adding value with both procurement process knowledge, active procurement and negotiation support, and transport market knowledge.
- Degree in related discipline or 5 years proven experience in delivery of best practice logistics procurement and cost management.
- Excellent experience of 3rd party warehouse and transport tendering process's.
- Experience and working knowledge of 3PL/4PL's operating across Europe.
- Understanding of road, rail, ocean freight, and mode choice parameters.
- Understand and demonstrate the role and impact of information technology in logistics management best practices.
- Knowledge of TMS and its processes.
- Analytical skills to execute and support rate negotiations cost saving calculations and reporting, business case preparations and tenders.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Able to structure and present a business proposal in a logical, well-structured way.
- Presence and influence - able to build solid and valuable relationships quickly with key internal and external stakeholders to build credibility and rapport.
Univar offers an excellent package and a challenging working environment at a successful, growing international company. Coupled with the development of the company, there is room for initiatives and personal development.