Challenging position in challenging environment
Amazing growth potential
Over onze klant
Our client is an international energy and water company operating in 11 countries across four continents. In the Netherlands, they focus on the development of strategic energy infrastructure projects and on the exploration and production of oil and gas.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
You will have a major role in managing the legal and regulatory relationship with the various energy related regulatory authorities and ministries in relation to the activities in: gas transportation and storage, mining activities and carbon capture and storage. This will include participating in and advocating and protecting the company's position in the stakeholder's meetings arranged by the regulator(s).
In addition, as part of the legal team, you will support in all business areas as set out below. You do not need to master all areas, but you should have a demonstrated affinity with the energy market and the current transition it is in.
- Drafting editing advising and negotiating upstream oil and gas agreements including
- Drafting editing and advising on Gas Storage Capacity agreements
- Drafting editing and advising on construction and project contracts
- Support permitting teams in a highly sensitive and complex administrative environment
- Advising on drafting and implementation of various policies and procedures for functional areas such as HR and HSSE
- Tracking changes in legislation and advising on potential impact o Keeping accurate electronic contract and corporate records
- Managing various areas of corporate company secretarial matters
- Providing occasional non-legal support as needed, e.g. in drafting and editing correspondence
- Company compliance programmes like GDPR, anti-bribery, anti-money laundering.
- Master degree in Law
- At least 5 years post qualification experience with a major law firm or the legal department of an international company
- Reliable legal professional with an outgoing personality
- Affinity with the energy industry
- High levels of communication, interpersonal, influencing and language skills commensurate with the necessary professional experience required
- Fluency in English and Dutch both in writing and verbally
- Business acumen
- A challenging role in an innovative company, environment and sector
- Good team spirit
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Growth potential.