An opportunity to be a part of an international company and a dynamic team
Lots of scope to learn and grow within the company
Over onze klant
dnata keeps the world in the air! Whether it concerns handling of Passengers or Cargo Aircraft, they ensure that customers can keep their promises. Dnata - based in Dubai - is part of the Emirates group and also located at Schiphol (NL) and Zaventem (BE) airports. They provide passenger, baggage, disaster and cargo handling services to many internationally operating airlines.
Safety and security are crucial in their business operations. With 650 employees, together with some 300 flex workers, they ensure that aircrafts are loaded and unloaded as safely and efficiently as possible and that passengers check in, board and alight smoothly. It goes without saying that they ensure that flights depart on time. they work on that 24/7!
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
The IT manager is responsible for creating and executing the IT policy of the organizations, with focus on continuous process optimization, cost control and with the aim of striving for a so-called no excuse environment, in order to improve the IT processes for cargo handling, passenger services. and disaster services. The IT manager is also the person who builds and expands the IT organization with a view to the future. He / she directs the department and manages the process. To this end, the IT manager formulates an appealing plan and will realize these plans in consultation with the upper management. The IT manager manages the IT department via 3 direct reports. As a project manager, the IT manager regularly directs project groups in which dnata employees as well as external advisers and suppliers participate.
To summarize the duties and responsibilities:
* Develop and implement an IT strategy that contributes to the clear long-term vision of the company and adjust it periodically based on market data, organizational wishes, customer wishes, professional knowledge and social developments;
* Oversee and manage all IT processes for quality, effectiveness, delivery reliability and cost-efficiency;
* Assessing and monitoring the progress and costs of all investments for IT;
* Taking responsibility for the IT performance of the organization through effective management of the IT department in close cooperation with stakeholders from the primary process and external suppliers and thus ensuring that the result is greater than the sum of the individual performances;
* Take the lead in IT change processes for the entire process chain, so that the strength of the Operational Service Excellence and supply chain optimization is reinforced;
* Build a strong relationship of trust with his / her team, motivate and develop employees, thereby promoting collaboration;
* Sparring partner for Managing Directors and MTs;
* An exemplary role with regard to integrity, decisiveness and action-orientation and thereby create synergy.
* Academic working and thinking level in combination with - at least - a completed relevant Bachelor's degree (Business Informatics, Industrial Engineering, ..)
* At least 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar role;
* Experience with managing (logistics) IT processes within the aviation sector;
* Experience with implementation, optimization and standardization of IT processes;
* Affinity with (process) automation
* Knowledge of PC, server and network and database technology (SQL, Oracle), telecommunication, cloud solutions and IT security
* Strongly developed anticipatory and problem-solving ability;
* A clear doer mentality (hands-on and no nonsense);
* High degree of organizational sensitivity and flexibility;
* A results-oriented People manager and team player;
* International experience is a plus
* An excellent command of the Dutch and English language (French is a plus)
An opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team, a competitive salary package and a company car.