IoT Product Manager
The responsibility to grow and implement IoT Services with customers
Working for the Number 1 satellite communication provider
Over onze klant
Marlink is the N°1 satellite communication provider and Marlink's ambition is to continuously deliver the best-in-class services in ICT, IT, IoT and Cyber Security to their customers. They are an expert in running customers' remote operations in a smarter, more profitable, and sustainable way and making sure their users are connected wherever they are.
At Marlink, they design, build and manage smart network solutions around customers' individual needs. They provide trusted global coverage, through intelligent hybrid network combining satcoms, terrestrial technologies and digital solutions.
Marlink is going through a very exciting phase of growth and are expanding fast to meet their ambitions. In order to facilitate this growth within the IoT & Digital business unit, we are currently exclusively for an IoT Product Manager to strengthen their team (main location Den Haag).
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
As IoT Product Manager your main mission will be to enhance Marlink product portfolio and leverage Marlink's position to become a major IoT player in the Maritime industry.
Being part of the IoT & Digital 'product & project management' team, you will be among others responsible for Marlink IoT product portfolio as well as managing projects in co-creation with customers and industrial stakeholders to deliver the IoT products and services.
In this role you need to have good knowledge of IoT, great project management skills, be able to interact professionally with variety of stakeholders (senior management, key partners, and major customers), and feel very comfortable in a customer facing role holding presentations in English to board members and at customer meetings.
It's important that you are passionate about innovation, familiar with IoT technologies & platforms, data analytics, telecommunication, cyber security and bring strong commercial & negotiation skills.
- Act as co-creation leader together with customers to discover, test, learn, and iterate MVPs
- Support sales forces during qualification and on-boarding of the customer projects
- Set up project teams across departments, coordinate and animate a network of internal supporters contributing to the customers' projects realisation (engineering, IT, service delivery, field engineering, customer support, …)
- Understand technical, commercial, and operational challenges within Marlink and their clients, and highlight required evolutions and process transformation
- Communicate effectively and regularly on roadmap / progress, issues & challenges with a solution-driven approach to overcome them
- Ensure customer satisfaction and product profitability
- Manage a portfolio of IoT services aiming at supporting the maritime industry to operate their assets more efficiently and in a greener manner
- Act as a maritime IoT specialist in front of Marlink major customers' experts, and be technically agile to turn their expectations into proof-of-concepts and commercial propositions
- Translate new ideas/service concepts into compelling, profitable, and differentiated commercial value propositions (scope, benefits/values for clients, USPs, competitive benchmark, targeted pricing, go-to-market strategy, etc.)
- Study possibility to extend Marlink IoT service offering in cooperation with market actors, around data analytics, operational performance, regulatory compliance (IMO), and decision awareness
- Acquire product, process, and market knowledge about Marlink and the maritime industry
- Launch service improvement and/or commercial initiatives to sustain service growth
- University master or similar degrees, preferably in Information Technology or Engineering
- At least 5 years' experience in ICT or maritime industry, ideally with industrial automation / maritime manufacturer background
- Multiple years' experience in an IoT position
- Proven track record in engaging with stakeholders and translating their needs in to IT / IoT services
- Good understanding of maritime industry challenges & digital transformation as a plus
- Strong product management and/or project management skills
- Proven working experience in an international environment and organizations with a focus on growth
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel (when is allowed again)
A very challenging and new position as IoT Product Manager within a growing and market leading company with strong ambitions to grow their IoT and Digital business. In the role you will play a key role in the expansion of IoT services, implement services at clients and actively help in developing the business. This comes together with a full comprehensive remuneration package and the opportunity to grow.