- International opportunity within leading FMCG sector
- International legal team operating on global scope
About Our Client
The client has offices in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Its business forms part of one of the largest soft drink producers in Europe, a full subsidiary of a Japanese beverages group.
It owns a large portfolio of soft-drinks brands, covering all segments: still and carbonated fruit-based drinks, tonics, juices, nectars, concentrates and even sports drinks and celebratory drinks for children. Many products have leading positions in their respective national markets. Its products are commercialized in over 80 countries throughout the world, with Western Europe as the heart of our business, and reaching as far as Eastern Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and French overseas territories and departments.
- Pro-actively supporting all operational functions (commercial, marketing, industrial and logistics, purchasing etc.);
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts; including the renegotiation of current contracts with current suppliers as well as entering into negotiating with future suppliers, with a focus on Poland and a more international scope. - Leading negotiations (via email, phone, Teams and when needed, locally) with (potential) business partners from A-Z;
- Contributing to the legal international team of the client, located in different offices across the global and co-responsible for providing legal training to business teams to further increase legal awareness within the organization;
- Keeping up with relevant trends and drafting training material;
- Supporting Compliance department where needed, including contributing to implementation of programs through the teams on Anti-Bribery and Corruption, GDP, competition etc.;
- Coordinating with external counsel (law firms) when needed;
The Successful Applicant
- Hold a master degree in Law, obtained from an European university;
- Have at least 5 years of relevant work experience, gained as an in-house legal counsel within a multinational, preferably in the FMCG sector, and are used to working in an (international) legal team;
- Have excellent negotiation skills and strong stakeholder skills;
- Live in the Netherlands;
- Are fluent in English, both written and spoken; a second European language (Dutch/French) is a big plus;
- Have an international, problem-solving and innovative mindset. You are a self-starter who requires little director, likes to work independently and in a team, and you have eye to detail.
What's on Offer
- Joining an international organization;
- Legal team consists of 5 legal counsels (excluding the new legal counsel);
- Mobility abroad is promoted by the company;
- Interesting growth opportunities within the company;
- Full-time work week of 37,5H, hybrid way of working (2 days per week from the office);
- 25 holidays + 3 extra granted by the company;
- Pension is fully contributed by the employer;
- No dress code;
- Competitive base salary + bonus component;
- Occasional travel to other countries where suppliers are based when contracts need to negotiated (approx. once a month).