- To support and assist the General Manager Internal Audit
- To undertake internal audit assignments
To undertake assignments in accordance with the annual company audit plan.
To review the adequacy of process and control environments, identify weaknesses therein and evaluate their significance in terms of business risk.
To devise practical and appropriate recommendations that will mitigate the risks identified.
To discuss findings with responsible management, obtain recognition of the points raised and buy-in to the recommended improvements.
To prepare written reports of each assignment, containing the findings and agreed action to implement recommendations, including timelines.
To follow up on the adequacy and effectiveness of action taken by management following the audit assignments to implement the agreed actions.
The Successful Applicant
- Accounting / audit qualification or equivalent experience.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Analytical, with an independent mind.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Results driven, able to meet targets and deadlines.
- Thrives on the challenge of working in diverse and continuously changing environments.
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English to senior management, and to persuade, inspire, develop and motivate people.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and able to adapt behaviour accordingly.
Extensive travelling throughout Europe and Africa is required.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and a non-contributory pension scheme.