Internal Audit Manager
Work with products that are vital to people's lives
Be part of a mature and professional Internal Audit team
Over onze klant
Royal Vopak is the world's leading independent tank storage company. We operate a global network of terminals located at strategic locations along major trade routes. With a 400-year history and a strong focus on safety and sustainability, we ensure efficient, safe and clean storage and handling of bulk liquid products and gases for our customers. By doing so, we enable the delivery of products that are vital to our economy and daily lives, ranging from oil, chemicals, gases and LNG to biofuels and vegoils. Vopak is listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange and is headquartered in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Including our joint ventures and associates, we employ an international workforce of over 5,500 people.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
- Preparing, managing, executing and reporting on audits of a varied nature ranging from business process reviews to 'deep dive' special requests. Preparation includes developing an individual risk assessment from a number of inputs that enables the audit to focus on the areas considered the most risk;
* Audit Management often consists of guiding either a 'subject matter expert' who is not trained as an auditor but who joins the audit team and/or a more junior member of staff.
* Audit Execution including on-going risk assessment prior to and whilst performing the audit.
* Frequent contact with the Global Internal Audit Director during audit execution work
- Reporting to the auditee and the Executive Board. The results are summarized each quarter for the Audit Committee. Involvement in drafting the half and full year (latter for external publication) risk report for the company based on inputs and dialog with Divisions and Global Directors for sign-off by the Risk Committee. The chair of the Risk Committee (Global Internal Audit Director) together with the secretary of the Risk Committee (Manager External Reporting and Compliance);
- Advising and updating the company on its key control framework (KCF) and communication of key controls thereof. The audit manager will proactively be involved in this activity. Lead developing further data analytics is also considered key;
- Working with the Global Internal Director on improving internal working standards to ensure alignment and practical improvement to the Institute of Internal Audit standards;
- Develop ways in which sharing best practices throughout the company becomes immediately recognized and value adding upon request of the Global Director Internal Audit. Eg: awareness alerts. These are for sign-off by the Global Director Internal Audit. To also identify those areas for which such alerts are valuable.
- Professional (audit) qualification; approx. 5 relevant years of experience in national and international roles.
- Experience with managerial processes and communication with (external) stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate professional judgement and professional skepticism.
- Strong (English) communication and report writing skills.
- Proficiency and confidence with the using of (data) systems.
- Strong analytical, advisory and coaching skills.
- Able to form independent opinions on the basis of facts and observations.
- A comprehensive & Structured 'way of thinking and working'
- Ability to apply a pragmatic approach to audit execution maintaining a balance between business relevance and professional standard requirements.
- A continuous learning and improvement mindset.
- A teamplayer.
- Flexibility and the characteristic of an individual willing to go the 'extra' mile.
- An International traveller who enjoys and can adapt to different cultures. The role is an ambassador role of the Global Head Office.
- A challenging position with a high degree of responsibility in a Dutch multinational with a history over 400 years;
- Highly motivated colleagues;
- Room to grow through professional training and personal development opportunities at national and international level.