Int. business developer vaccines & proteins
Are you an experienced int. business developer within the biopharma industry?
Do you have a proven international trackrecord?
Over onze klant
HALIX delivers end-to-end bioscience services for therapeutic recombinant proteins, viral vectors and vaccines. HALIX is a young and fast growing CDMO with a strong client base. The activities at the headquarters in Leiden include development, production, clinical, registration and quality assurance and control
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
In the position of Business Developer, you will be responsible for research and gather information on specific public or private companies and manufacturing opportunities, which meet the strategic, scientific and commercial needs of the business of HALIX. You will report to the Chief Customer Officer. Furthermore, you have the following personal & professional skills and responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to network effectively (internal and external) and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to develop and implement business opportunities.
- Motivated by change; ability to drive business with constant improvement intentions.
- Concise verbal and written communication.
- Hands-on mentality, pro-active and solutions oriented.
- Ability to work under time pressure.
- Willingness to travel extensively and ability to understand and work in culturally different markets.
- Identify trends in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry and develop these trends into business opportunities.
- Develop knowledge of protein and vaccine production and characterization, as well as HALIX' portfolio, including gaps and strengths.
- Manage triage process: work with the Business Development team participants to solicit input, understand new business opportunities, make preliminary recommendations and determine priorities, and relay conclusions to external parties.
- Coordinate in-house technical evaluation and verification of client's requirements. Help prepare technical components of recommendations and proposals for senior management.
- Work with senior leaders in the organization to help define strategy and development subsequent business development strategy to execute on key objectives.
- Scientific advanced degree (MD, PhD).
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in pharma/biotech business development.
- Strong industry and market knowledge in the biotech CMO segment, specifically in protein and vaccines.
- Good understanding of contracting and legal requirements.
- Excellent presentation, convincing and negotiation skills in English.
The company offers good market conform primary and secondary benefits. You will be working in an international organization with short lines of communication. The people within the organization are hands-on, ambitious and real entrepreneurs that strive to grow the