- working for a global organisation in tax research and publishing
- broaden your tax knowledge and educate others
About Our Client
IBFD is the leading international provider of cross-border tax expertise. An independent, non-profit foundation, IBFD has a long-standing history in supporting and contributing to tax research and academic activities. IBFD utilizes a global network of tax experts to serve Fortune 500 companies, governments, universities, international consultancy firms and tax advisors. IBFD's core business is research, publishing (online and print) and education in international taxation. All IBFD products are accessible through IBFD's Tax Research Platform, the powerful online engine behind efficient tax information and research. Founded in 1938 and headquartered in Amsterdam, IBFD also has a local presence in important markets such as North America, Asia and China.
The IBFD Knowledge Centre is home to most of the tax specialists within IBFD. It is a publications and research department with staff engaged in updating and reviewing IBFD's publications, conducting research in international tax, and lecturing on various tax topics. The Knowledge Centre is comprised of several Knowledge Groups focused either on particular geographic regions or on specialist international tax topics. The research staff of the Knowledge Centre is drawn from all over the world, mainly having expertise in the tax systems of various countries, as well as specialisation in key areas of taxation.
The Value Added Tax Department is part of IBFD's Knowledge Centre. This department is responsible for covering tax developments on VAT, Customs and Excises across the world in news reports detailed country tax guides, and domestic and ECJ case law summaries. These contributions are part of several VAT publications, included in content packages like the successful and renowned Global VAT Explorer. You will be appointed as VAT Specialist of the VAT Knowledge Group.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Responsible for reviewing and editing of some of the publications of the VAT Knowledge Group
- Writing reports on VAT developments
- Assist with other publications on an ad hoc basis
- Maintaining and gathering contacts with the external network
- Provide occasional support to other departments of IBFD, e.g. the International Tax Training and the Government Consultancy Department
- Participate in comparative research on cross border taxation
The Successful Applicant
Requirements for the role:
- University degree in law, accountancy or related area (an LLM or other post graduate degree in international tax is an advantage)
- 3 to 5 years experience in domestic and international indirect tax law of one or more jurisdictions. Knowledge of customs law is an advantage
- Excellent editorial and writing skills
- Affinity with tax technology solutions
- Sharp eye for detail
- Native (or equivalent) command of the English language (knowledge of other languages will be an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent person who likes to work in a team
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn
What's on Offer
The role is open for candidates on a full time basis (i.e. 37 hours), to name a few of the benefits:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- 8% holiday pay
- Flexibility with 5.44% Personal Budget (individual choice to buy up to 33 days paid holiday per year or end of year bonus)
For more information, contact Leonie Verheul, managing consultant at Michael Page Tax, 06 83 19 68 92 or mail you CV to LeonieVerheul at MichaelPage dot nl.