- The Site HSE Manager plays a vital role in the deployment and delivery
- Hands-on Site HSE Manager with a human centered approach
About Our Client
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. They're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Their world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, they are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
For Akzo Nobel Groot-Ammers we're currently exclusively recruiting a:
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Site HSE Manager with a human centered approach, proven track record in the chemical industry and a passion for further improving our safety culture with the entire crew. The Site HSE Manager plays a vital role in the deployment and delivery of the AkzoNobel HSE strategy and objectives to our manufacturing site in Groot-Ammers, which produces high quality solvent borne paints (o.a. Sikkens, Trimetal, Flexa). The site is currently in transition, with a lot of new hires. You will be part of the local management team and report directly to the Site Manager.
- Ensure implementation of and compliance with (local) requirements, internal standards, permits and legislations.
- Translate policies and objectives for local usage and contribute to the development of the HSE strategy on divisional level.
- Act as a HSE sounding board for all levels, coach colleagues and drive continuous improvement to further improve our HSE performance and culture; lead by example.
- Ensure any necessary monitoring and reporting to management and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that relevant safety studies / reports are executed and updated, ensure high quality.
- Drive the MoC process.
- Assist in the identification of HSE training needs and facilitate execution.
- Lead near miss and incident investigations, ensure effective management of outcomes and lessons learned.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor or master degree in HSE (HVK), engineering or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years' work experience in a similar role within manufacturing preferably in chemical industry.
- Up to date in relevant (local) legislation and industry standards.
- Experience in leading relevant HSE studies.
- Passion for behavior-based safety.
- Professional working proficiency in both Dutch and English language.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; coaching leadership style.
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills with ability to execute and follow through.
- Positive influencing: ability to convince others, gain agreement or acceptance of plans, activities and ability to move others willingly towards a desired goal or course of action.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement of the processes, policies, standards.
- Able to work in an inclusive way in the HSE community to make sure the business experiences 'one voice' and the teams' collective objectives are met.
- Become Part Of An Outstanding Company
What's on Offer
AkzoNobel is consistently rated as one of the top employers in The Netherlands. You will join a company that is committed to achieving real sustainability. At a personal level you will also benefit from:
- a competitive salary with an above average number of annual holidays;
- participation in the AkzoNobel pension plan;
- travel expenses to and from work
- opportunities for education that will help you to grow beyond this role
If applicable, it is essential that you have a visa that allows you to work in the Netherlands. If you have any questions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.