Everyday is very dynamic
Over onze klant
Amsterdam is the Bank's global headquarters and is the center from where trade and commodity finance, project finance, marine finance and banking relations are offered to customers all over the world. Next to our Head Office in the Netherlands, we have offices in Germany, Malta, Switzerland, UAE, the Ukraine, Romania and Turkey. We have around 250 employees in the Netherlands and 75% of our colleagues are from foreign countries.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
What's the job like?
You will be highly involved in building the annual people plan and ensuring it gets implemented. That means your focus is on 'getting things done' whilst at the same time you will be responsible for and participate in HR projects we will launch throughout the year. Just to mention a few themes which will come up: creating a performance driven culture which breathes feedback, taking responsibility for compensation & benefits in line with labor law and regulatory requirements, standardizing our HR processes, supporting management in increasing employee engagement and implementing a learning & development offering which will boost leadership, professional and personal skillsets of all employees. This however cannot take place without commitment and ownership by management, so your job is to influence and increase their focus on people related topics and coach them where needed. What is important to note is the richness of the role: we expect you to have enough experience and stamina to act as a credible advisor and challenger of management and at the same time you must roll up your sleeves and support execution. Our preferred candidate will be highly energized by both sides of the role.
Would you like to have more details? Here you go:
- Advising managers on recruitment and selection strategies by coordinating the recruitment process effectively, which includes: having a proper intake with the hiring manager; find the right recruitment channels; the set-up and placement of job vacancies both in- and externally; cooperate with search firms if required; selecting candidates; conducting interviews, acting as an advisor to the hiring manager and finally negotiating the appropriate package with the candidate;
- Responsible for following up on relevant (Group) Remuneration Policies, including the assessment of Identified Staff controls and updates due to regulatory changes;
- Supporting managers and employees during the performance management cycle (PMC) and coming up with and implementing ideas how to improve the feedback culture;
- Providing guidance to management and employees on applicable Dutch employment laws and legislated requirements;
- Updating and maintaining the HR Portal (e-learning & PMC) system data;
- Developing, facilitating, recommending and delivering training programs, workshops or presentations for managers and employees, in consultation with management, to ensure skills and knowledge of employees will continue to develop;
- Coordinating the execution of our integrity screening procedures;
- Designing, developing and executing new or improved (people) processes in areas such as performance management, organizational effectiveness, succession management and employee development to be able to meet the group standards and DNB requests;
- Conducting exit interviews, preparing related reporting requirements, identifying key issues/trends and putting forward recommendations for improvements, as appropriate;
- Coordinating the annual allocation of talented (Erasmus Exchange) summer interns from Ozyegin University;
- Organizing various events like the New Year's Staff Event, Quarterly Staff Events, Community Service Day.
Your HR experience in an international and preferably Financial Institution allows you to quickly build rapport with management by being fluent in both English and Dutch. You are able to challenge management to strike a healthy balance between managing their business and managing their people. Pragmatism is your middle name and others say you have a relentless drive to improve performance and deliver outstanding results through innovative and effective ways of working in HR. Your experience with working in a multi-cultural environment taught you how to most effectively communicate with colleagues from different nationalities.
Your (basic) knowledge of expatriate regulations such as the 30% tax ruling allows you to understand the details of hiring employees from foreign countries. And you can share numerous examples of how you have optimized and standardized HR processes in the past. You are a real 'finisher' and work very meticulously because you realize that the devil is in the detail. You are deeply curious, with a passion for communicating with others in an engaging and proactive way. And last but not least: you thrive under busy and ever changing environments where not two days are alike.
A dynamic HR role in an international organization where you will have the whole range of HR activities at your fingertips. You will be able to add value because of your previous experience but we will also make sure we will continue your learning curve. Based on your experience we will offer you a competitive financial package.