Head of Risk - Start-up Consumer Lending Online Platform
Create, build and implement a robust Risk Management function
Start-up surrounding, working closely together with the CEO
About Our Client
A start-up consumer lending platform.
Works with senior management in making strategic decisions and planning, seeking to optimize risks in the organization. Develop policies and procedures. Influences and, when necessary, challenges material risk decisions.
The Head of Risk is responsible for governance, further developing and maintaining a risk aware culture, and implementing risk decision-making into day-to-day operations.
You will be responsible for Risk management throughout the organization, identify, evaluate, mitigate and monitor risks throughout the organization. Establishes early warning or trigger system for breaches of the risk appetite or limits. Actively monitors the risk-taking activities and risk exposure to ensure risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, strategic objectives and risk appetite.
Responsible for all third party independent reviews of risk, including but not limited to external loan review reports, compliance reports, regulatory examination reports, stress test results and any other reports or information that identifies, measures, monitors or assesses risk.
Provides leadership to personnel through effective objective setting, training, delegation, and communication.
Acts as the main point of contact for the regulators AFM & DNB.
The Successful Applicant
- MSc degree, preferably law degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant senior experience in the area of Risk Management, ideally in retail (consumer lending) business.
- Excellent writing, analytical, problem solving and presentation skills, with an ability to discern issues and focus on material risks and/or control weaknesses.
- Proven track record in achieving results, both as an individual contributor and from a managerial perspective, optimising on the Departments' reporting lines and relationship.
- Strong leadership and management skills to successfully motivate, coach and develop team members, committing to high service levels to the functions, organs and individuals receiving a service from the Risk and Compliance Departments.
- Strategic thinker and pragmatic implementer able to support efficient methods of bringing about change in an area typically associated with conservative thought.
- Ability to be hands-on as well strategic
What's on Offer
- A competitive remuneration package.